1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

2010-2011 NBA Season

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by MisterCreosote, Oct 25, 2010.

1. Bob Cook

Bob Cook Active Member

Bavetta nominated over Miller? Looks like he's screwing the Pacers again.

/why, yes, I am still bitter over the phantom foul Knick Bavetta called with almost no time left to give Larry Johnson a 4-point play, and turn the momentum of the 1999 Eastern Finals

2. JackReacher

JackReacher Well-Known Member

Who here is covering/has covered the NBA? A buddy of mine did an NBA All Star draft like the one they did on SI and we want someone who knows better than us to grade it. My team is silly, but then again, so is his.

3. Della9250

Della9250 Well-Known Member

I think Mullin will get in. His NBA/College exploits combined are probably enough.

4. shockey

shockey Active Member

man, between the sheffield thread and this one i'm trippin' down memory lane. after i covered sheff in the 1980 LL world series i had the thrill of covering mullin AND mark jackson on the h.s. basketball beat.

i'm pulling for mullin, who was something to behold for xavarien high, a 6-6 mini-larry bird, i told my buds who were st. john's fans. 'wait 'til you see this kid,' i told them. 'he plays a beautiful game.'

mark jackson was just a soph at bishop loughlin. i gotta admit he developed into a much better player than i ever imagined he would; what a great college and nba career he had for a point guard who lacked quickness and foot speed and was a dreadful shooter through college. he worked his butt off and was a brilliant distributor.

but he's not hof-worthy, imho. and how he earned a spot on the ballot ahead of reggie miller is mind-blowing. even spike lee must be mystified...

5. spnited

spnited Active Member

Not one player on that list deserves to be in ahead of Reggie Miller. This is a bigger joke than the Football Hall of Fame.

BitterYoungMatador2 and old_tony like this.
  6. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

Gives Rodman six months to pick out a dress and get his hair done ...

VanDerveer will make it eventually, on her record at Stanford and coaching the gold medal team in '96.

7. Piotr Rasputin

Piotr Rasputin New Member

Wojnarowski says Isiah again calling the shots in The Mecca of basketball:

http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/news;_ylt=AtA89G0sp.DLaeMzJ_ZJ7qi8vLYF?slug=aw-thomasknicks022011

Congratulations, Knicks fans.

8. holy bull

holy bull Active Member

Has the term "cancer" ever been more applicable?

9. holy bull

holy bull Active Member

Howard bricks a three in the first minute. Sager interviews the Bieber. I'm out.

10. mb

mb Active Member

Probably so if you think the only way you're gonna get stars to come to NJ is by having Williams as your PG.

11. JackReacher

JackReacher Well-Known Member

Someone mentioned this on the other thread....are the picks lottery-protected?

12. qtlaw

qtlaw Well-Known Member

Deron Williams >>>> Carmelo Anthony.

Draft saved Draft deleted