1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

2010-2011 NBA Season

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by MisterCreosote, Oct 25, 2010.

1. Piotr Rasputin

Piotr Rasputin New Member

L.A., thankfully, doesn't really have White Castle.

Your points are dead-on otherwise.

2. holy bull

holy bull Active Member

Plus, despite his age, Shaq probably still had enough lingering symptoms of I'm The Man Syndrome that it wasn't going to work in the long-term with Kobe, who continues to be the poster-child carrier of that gene. It's telling, how relatively subordinate Shaq was willing to be once he got out of Kobeland. The whole relationship smelled like Gregory Peck and Anthony Quinn in The Guns of Navarone. You're useful to me, for this mission, but then I'm going to kill you.

What, no White Castle in the freezer case at the supermarket?

3. Rusty Shackleford

Rusty Shackleford Active Member

Anyone watch the Heat-Thunder game the other day? First time I've gotten to watch Russell Westbrook. Good lord he's fast. He could get to the basket almost at will, he just couldn't seem to finish. Too many trees around?

Also the first time I've watched the Heat this season. Obviously they're a ridiculously talented team, but they seemed confused as to who was going to take over at the end for them. With three big stars, they all seemed to kinda watch each other with this look of "Are you going to take over at the end? Or you? Or should I do it?" Bosh tried to at one point and missed a terrible shot, giving the Thunder an opening. They ended up winning, but I think against a more veteran team like the Celtics or Magic, that indecisive look could be exploited.

4. Webster

Webster Well-Known Member

They seem to play more smoothly on offense when Wade or James is on the bench.

James did a hell of a job on Durant -- he can really be a shutdown defender at times.

The Heat still have issues with the quick PG -- of course every team does, but Wade can't chase a Westbrook or Rondo around for 40 minutes.

5. Captain_Kirk

Captain_Kirk Well-Known Member

Quite an alley oop---from 70 feet.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/blog/ball_dont_lie/post/Video-Stephen-Curry-hits-Dorell-Wright-for-a-70?urn=nba-316747

6. holy bull

holy bull Active Member

Anybody else watching Celtics-Magic? The neck injury to Marquis Daniels in the second quarter that required him to be taken off strapped to the board is difficult to figure out.

He makes a move on Gilbert Arenas, who's playing tight D, and clips his cheek on Gilbert's biceps, jostling his head to the side a bit. It looked like nothing. His head didn't slam on the floor, the contact with Arenas clearly was what caused the injury. He goes down and stays down until they get him strapped in. Gave the thumbs up, which was a good sign. With all the physical stuff that happens -- see Wade slamming on his tailbone the other day -- it's amazing that this became that serious. Yeah, I know they have to take every precaution, and it looked like he was OK (conscious, thumbs up). But that's a lot of scare for a little nudge to the side of the face.

Howard picked up his 14th tech elbowing Perkins, who was mugging him. One-game suspension only a matter of time.

7. Bob Cook

Bob Cook Active Member

Pacers, 4-0 since Jim O'Brien was canned. The NBA quakes in fear.

8. Pancamo

Pancamo Active Member

Miller played side by side with Mark Jackson and there isn't anyone who would Jackson was the better player.

9. terrier

terrier Well-Known Member

Is there a surefire HOFer in that whole bunch? Edwards probably gets my first vote as a 4-5-time Olympian.

10. 93Devil

93Devil Well-Known Member

I think Arvydas Sabonis should get a strong look.

Miller getting cut is a joke. Jackson was a good player, but Miller was the backbone of that team.

11. 93Devil

93Devil Well-Known Member

I have always had a soft spot for Bernard King. Man, was he great for that 3-4 year stretch.

12. JackReacher

JackReacher Well-Known Member

Duncan starting the All Star game? Ugh.

Draft saved Draft deleted