1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

2010-2011 NBA Season

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by MisterCreosote, Oct 25, 2010.

1. Blitz

Blitz Active Member

Wife and I purchased a 25-game season ticket package, third row, for the Spurs this season.
    Seats are nearly $500 for the pair, so we are selling most of them to recoup some money.
    We wanted good seats when we did go, having sat in the high part of the AT&T Center before and not been happy at all.
    Most polls have Spurs are listed among top 8 or 9 teams in the NBA.
    It very well could be Duncan, Ginobili and Parker's last run together after 3 titles in past 8 seasons.
    Opener is with Indiana on Wednesday.

2. Ilmago

Ilmago Guest

My predictions:

MVP: Kevin Durant

-Wade and James will split some votes.

Defensive player of the year: Kevin Garnett
    -He's healthy and ready to show that he's the best defensive player in the league.

Most Improved Player: Jrue Holiday
    -I think he'll make some major improvements this season.

Rookie of the Year: John Wall
    -He's the starting point guard of this team, the ball will be in his hands often, and he will produce. Griffin won't be to far behind.

Coach of the Year: Eric Spoelstra
    -I believe the Heat will have the best record in the NBA

Sixth man of the year: Jamal Crawford
    -Jamal will get a lot of minutes off the bench and he'll produce once again this year.

All-NBA 1st Team:
    G D. Wade
    G K. Bryant
    F L. James
    F K. Durant
    C D. Howard

3. Den1983

Den1983 Active Member

That's not saying much.

Anyway, I think the Lakers win it all. They made some key additions to what was already the league's best team. And, yes, I think they play the Celtics in the Finals again. I just don't like the lack of size of the Heat and I think it takes them another year before it all comes together.

Durant wins MVP. Dwight wins DPOY again. I think Cousins wins ROY, though it will be a great race between him and Wall, plus he'll play on the better team so I think that will count for something.

My playoff teams, in no particular order:

East: Miami, Boston, Orlando, Chicago, Milwaukee, Atlanta, Charlotte, N.Y.

West: Lakers, San Antonio, Dallas, Houston, Utah, Oklahoma City, Portland, Sacramento.

4. qtlaw

qtlaw Well-Known Member

Heat are intriguing but the past few years shows that you do not win the Finals unless you can defend and rebound; that means the Lakers IF Gasol, Bynum and especially Kobe are/stay healthy.

Heat can put up some numbers and individually LeBron/Wade/Bosh are spellbinding but how are they going to match up with the Lakers? With Zdrunus? That Anthony fellow? Absolutely no way. Bosh is a twig who will get squeezed out by the big boys.

5. JC

JC Well-Known Member

Kevin Garnett? I'll give you 50 to 1 on that. His knees are shot. He will have spurts but over the long haul there is no way.

6. Ilmago

Ilmago Guest

Kevin Garnett is healthy, and Rivers said that he has his bounce back.

He won't be averaging the minutes he's used too. I say he'll get about 35-38 minutes a game.

I think he'll have a nice impact on defense this season, and he will win the DPOY. He's way better on defense then Howard is, that's for sure.

7. JackReacher

JackReacher Well-Known Member

Who the hell's Joey?

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 1, 2015
  8. 93Devil

93Devil Well-Known Member

In attendance or actually playing?

Garnett could be good or even great on defense (I will go with fair) but no way will he be the best in the league.

9. Ilmago

Ilmago Guest

Alright, who do you believe is going to win the Defensive Player of the Year this season?

10. 93Devil

Someone younger. Heck, Rondo is the best defender on that team.

11. Ilmago

Ilmago Guest

Kevin Garnett is a better defender then Rondo is. Yes, Rondo gets more steals but by no means is he a better defensive player then KG.

I don't see how Garnett's age(34 years old) can be a major facor when he won it two years ago. He's not 100%, but he's healthier then he was during the last two seasons.

12. 93Devil

Oh yeah, Dwight Howard.

Draft saved Draft deleted