1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

2009 World Series of Poker running thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Joel_Goodsen, May 26, 2009.

1. GB-Hack

GB-Hack Active Member

Ivey knocks off the Brat, and is looking pretty healthy right now.

2. That's kind of what I liked about watching the professional poker tour, showing all of the rounds, though I can understand why it didn't last.

3. Birdscribe

Birdscribe Active Member

I haven't seen PAD in nearly two years and only saw a couple episodes of High Stakes Poker, GB. Gold wasn't in either episode I saw.

I just remember his insane run of card-catching in '06. Even by the normal standards of luck -- which every WSOP champion needs to some extent -- this was beyond the pale.

4. GB-Hack

GB-Hack Active Member

Oh, I think that's true for Gold, just as it was true for 2007 winner Jerry Yang.

But Gold has shown a decent amount of mettle since then when I've seen him play.

As for Moneymaker, he's second in chips at the start of Day 2, but here's his table for today.

Doyle Brunson - 244000
    Neil Chriss - 315000
    Ted Forrest - 401500
    Russell Rosenbloom - 102000
    Antonio Esfandiari - 292500
    Chris Moneymaker - 805000
    Charles Lehr - 206000
    Matthew "adz124" Marafioti - 375000
    Alex Jacob - 357000

Good luck Chris.

5. BB Bobcat

BB Bobcat Active Member

Guys, just wanted to let you know that I will be playing at the WSOP, Event 4 (I start Sunday) and Event 7 (assuming I'm not at the FT of Event 4 :) ) You can follow me on twitter.

http://twitter.com/FletchWSOP

I'll be posting chip updates, of course, as well as photos and audio updates, using the iPhone app AudioBoo.

This will be my fourth year at the WSOP. So far I've cashed in one of the four events I played (54th of 2126 in event 27, $1500 NLHE in 06). Not to honk my own horn (well, yeah, that is why I'm doing it), but you can read about my exploits here...

http://www.pressdemocrat.com/article/20060730/NEWS/607300352

Anyway, all the good karma SportsJournalists.com can muster would be much appreciated.

By the way, if you are a serious poker player and have the disposable income, I would highly recommend playing the WSOP. It is truly the experience of a lifetime. (If you go deep anyway. If you bust on the 6th hand like I did in '07, not so much :) )

6. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

Get this man an SJ cap to wear at the tables, STAT!

7. U.Fester

U.Fester New Member

Alex Jacob plays like an ass.

8. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

That was a fun read - thanks.

9. U.Fester

U.Fester New Member

Poin posted and I thought Annie duke banged a 11-year-old.

10. JakeandElwood

JakeandElwood Well-Known Member

Good luck Bobcat!

11. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

Big-time poker players really are different than us ...

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  12. playthrough

playthrough Moderator Staff Member

That's couch-cushion change for Ivey.

Sigh.

Draft saved Draft deleted