1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

2009 Spring Storm Thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by dargan, Apr 9, 2009.

1. dargan

dargan Active Member

Things might get interesting for some West Texans tonight. Radar appears to have some supercells popping up.

2. writing irish

writing irish Active Member

Springtime in Cowshitistan...where the same storm that brings an eighth of an inch of rain could also rip the roof off your house.

3. dargan

dargan Active Member

You ain't lyin'.

4. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

Muenster, Texas got 15 inches of rain yesterday. That's a little less than half of what DFW gets in a whole year.

Lake Texoma is going to be up big-time. Hope nobody rebuilt in the area that got flooded a couple of years ago when the lake went over the spillway.

5. Angola!

Angola! Guest

Where's Muenster? I heard Bakersfield, Texas, had softball-sized hail. That's not too shabby.

6. dargan

dargan Active Member

Was that festival in Muenster last weekend or is it this weekend? Hoping it already happened for all the folks who usually go.

7. Football_Bat

Actually it was last weekend (it's always the last full weekend in April). I went last Friday night and had a blast. The weather was great, the beer was cold and the brats were scrum-dilly-umptious. :)

The real party was out in the camping area. ;)

If it had happened this weekend, they would have called it off because of the swine.

@Angola: Muenster is about 15 miles west of I-35 up along the Oklahoma border.

8. Smash Williams

Smash Williams Well-Known Member

There's nothing like the sound of tornado sirens at 8 a.m. to get you out of bed in the morning.They think there are like 15 "areas of rotation," but in my area, it's just 70 and 80 mph straight-line winds. Freaking weather.

9. Football_Bat

Lots of duck-and-cover for Reel Ammurricans today:
    [​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  10. Football_Bat

The counties to our north are getting pounded right now. Lots of hail that thankfully is small, but lots of flooding already. I'm nervously watching one storm right now that's ticketed for my little ruby-red burg.

11. Smash Williams

Smash Williams Well-Known Member

We had at least six tornadoes touch down in my area from that sucker this morning. They ripped off the top of several buildings and killed at least one person. 80,000 people were without power at one point.

There were 70-80 mph straight line winds this morning, then it was 70 degrees, partially cloudy with like 70 percent humidity this afternoon. Stupid weather.

12. Football_Bat

I dodged a bullet... this time. The storm I referred to earlier skirted a few miles to the north. We got sprinkles and a cool lightning display, and that's it.

Draft saved Draft deleted