1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

2009 SJ Mock Draft

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Diabeetus, Apr 22, 2009.

1. Beaker

Beaker Active Member

Rumors have the Pats trying to grab him in the second if he's there.

2. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

Possible, but I can't see the Steelers doing it. Too much need on the lines and at receiver and too much depth and talent at linebacker.

3. hockeybeat

hockeybeat Guest

I could see the Jets taking Maclin or Harvin (if his reputation hasn't gone to pot) because the offense is in desperate need of a wideout with speed. Also, in Rex Ryan's first draft as head coach, I could see him taking a linebacker (Brian Cushing) .

4. Chef

Chef Active Member

No way does Pettigrew fall to 24.

Being a lifelong Falcons fan, I really hope he does, but I don't believe he will.

5. bostonbred

bostonbred Guest

I think Sanchez to Jets makes a lot of sense. Even if they have to trade up a bit and get him, which they probably would.

And I think there's a strong possibility that the Patriots spend one of their many second or third round selections on Pat White.

6. Diabeetus

Diabeetus Active Member

Uhh...Chef...you saw the Falcons got Tony G today, right? :D

7. Oz

Oz Well-Known Member

SEE the thread? He STARTED that thread!

8. bostonbred

bostonbred Guest

I expect somebody late in the 1st to grab Laurinaitis. If not, then first 4 or 5 picks of the second.

Draft saved Draft deleted