1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

2009 SJ Mock Draft

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Diabeetus, Apr 22, 2009.

1. Diabeetus

Diabeetus Active Member

We did something similar last year (http://www.sportsjournalists.com/forum/threads/55519/), and a lot of posters said they wished there was a little more notice of it happening. I thought we'd give it another try again this year.

Starting at 7 p.m. (central) we'll do another SJ mock draft. Every five minutes, the next team will be on the clock. PM me with who you think the team on the clock should take. Use the thread to debate who should be taken/what a certain team's needs are. Have fun, but try not to vote for Darren McFadden with every single pick (here's looking at you, TP :)).

I'll take PMs now until 7:05 for the Lions.

Thanks for participating!

2. pallister

pallister Guest

Speaking of mock drafts, anyone on here up for posting or PMing me the link to McShay's 7-round draft? I'm not an insider, so I can't see it.

3. I Digress

I Digress Guest

Hmm.. mock draft.. OK...I openly mock people who sit around and watch this on TV.. is that what you meant?

4. spnited

spnited Active Member

Beat me to it, digress.

We also can mock Pallister for wanting a link to McShay's mock draft ... mocking a mockery.

5. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

My inner 14-year-old draftnik, the one who taped the 1986 draft while he went to school because it was held on weekdays back then, scoffs at your mocking.

6. pallister

pallister Guest

STFU, spnited. No one cares what you or I Digress or any of the football haters think. You don't like it, go waste your time being an asshole on the baseball thread.

7. 93Devil

93Devil Well-Known Member

Detriot should take the best player Michigan State in the draft.

That usually works out well.

8. spnited

spnited Active Member

Imagine you having the balls to call someone else an asshole with a P\post like that.

Geez, do you need to lighten up and get a sense of humor.

I don't hate football. I think mock drafts and/or sitting home watching that shit for 8 hours are a total waste of time.
    And I think people who worship at the altar of the mediocre NFL are morons --- like you.

9. pallister

pallister Guest

Like I said, no one cares what you think. Your act is old and tiresome.

10. Diabeetus

Diabeetus Active Member

I don't think we're worshiping at the altar...just having some fun/passing time tonight.

11. Trey Beamon

Trey Beamon Active Member

Yes, the NFL is rammed down our throats 24/7. I get that.

What I don't understand is the double standard around here. How it's fine and dandy to watch eight games at a time on MLB Extra Innings, have page after page of hot stove talk, yet people who check in on NFL Network or follow the draft are morons. Please.

12. forever_town

forever_town Well-Known Member

You responded to him, didn't you?

Draft saved Draft deleted