1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

2009 sj.com College Football Poll -- FINAL POLL PG 25!!!!!

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by slappy4428, Aug 13, 2009.

1. Re: 2009 SportsJournalists.com College Football Poll -- Preseason: Aug. 13, 2009

Gotta justify the schedule.
    And try to legitimize the Big Least.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 1, 2015
  2. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

Re: 2009 SportsJournalists.com College Football Poll -- Preseason: Aug. 13, 2009

SportsCenter this morning had Todd McShay and Mel Kiper doing their thing with Josh Elliott in a little algonquin roundtable discussion, and they made it a point to talk about quarterbacks. The entire 5-minute chat didn't include Tebow's name once, and they made it a point to highlight the Tebow-less conversation.

3. TrooperBari

TrooperBari Well-Known Member

Re: 2009 SportsJournalists.com College Football Poll -- Preseason: Aug. 13, 2009

And Nebraska at 15 and Notre Dame at 17.

A playoff can't come soon enough.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 1, 2015
  4. Songbird

Some early interesting betting numbers:

The over for Nevada at Notre Dame is 60. It'll be close to 60 by halftime.

Why is Ohio State, at home, favored by only 22 against Navy? And why is the over only 45?

Why is Oklahoma State only giving 6 at home against Georgia?

Any other numbers piquing your interest?

5. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

Because it's what THEY want you to think

6. Songbird

Pete Carroll has tapped Matt Barkley as USC's starter, the first true freshman ever to start for Troy.

http://usc.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=981204

7. RedSmithClone

RedSmithClone Active Member

Fresh meat for Notre Dame to devour.

8. Songbird

Notre Dame isn't even fresh meat for itself. Can't even beat Syracuse at home.

9. RedSmithClone

Can you at least give me the preseason to dream?
    Damn, always steppin on a man's dreams.

10. Songbird

Well, Red, I'd love to. But I'm a Trojan through and through. 8)

11. RedSmithClone

So me hopin my homeboy Chip Kelly takes down USC this year wouldn't be welcomed with open arms?

12. Songbird

I'm going to duck that question.

Draft saved Draft deleted