1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

2009 Running Pro Wrestling Thread

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by KYSportsWriter, Jan 1, 2009.

1. KevinmH9

KevinmH9 Active Member

I have no words for that, but WTF?!?!?

Why WWE is posting pictures like that, although they are covered up by those black squares, is beyond me. I thought WWE was trying to push more towards younger audiences.

Damn...

2. bostonbred

bostonbred Guest

It's connected to the current SmackDown! feud between HHH and Vickie. HHH said last night that he stumbled across some nude photos of Vickie on eBay and she freaked out. It was a running comedic theme throughtout the show as Edge said he was embarassed, Big Show said they weren't as bad as he expected, and she came out and demanded an apology from HHH. Since he refused to, she booked him in three matches (Triple Jeopardy) for next week's show.

3. bostonbred

bostonbred Guest

This is a lengthy read, but it's incredibly interesting and has just been leaked. It is Stephanie McMahon's interview with government officials on December 14, 2007. The interview really explores WWE and how it runs backstage, while revealing some interesting backstage tidbits.

http://www.sescoops.com/wwe/Transcript_Of_Stephanie_McMahon_s_Interview_With_The_Government.shtml

4. KYSportsWriter

KYSportsWriter Well-Known Member

Some very interesting points:
    - WWE talent relations gave Chris Benoit four months off after he said he was having a very difficult time and needed some time off to go home.

- Main eventers can make between $150,000 to $200,000 per pay-per-view event. They can also make up to $1,000,000 at a WrestleMania event.

5. bostonbred

bostonbred Guest

It's pretty funny when she calls Hogan a terrible wrestler and then attempts to backtrack because she knows this will be released to the public.

6. KevinmH9

KevinmH9 Active Member

I found that interesting, too. You know somewhere Hogan is seething about that comment.

7. Mystery_Meat

Mystery_Meat Guest

Gee, Steph, you think?

8. bostonbred

bostonbred Guest

"I mean we have a guy right now that is a really big, fat, bloppy guy. I mean, that's the only, really, way to describe him; and I shouldn't say his name now because it's going to be on record. He is a spectacle. He is an attraction. There are some attractions that we certainly look for in our business. I mean, we have a giant, a giant colleague right now. We have a midget ‐‐ a little person, sorry."

Pretty damn obvious:
    A. Big Daddy V
    B. The Great Khali
    C. Hornswoggle

"Steph: Our champion on SmackDown right now, Batista, is also a
    good‐looking guy, and he is more of the ‐‐ more of the bigger kind
    of kick‐your‐ass‐type guy. Excuse my language again.
    Mr. Leviss: This is Congress. We can take it."

9. KevinmH9

KevinmH9 Active Member

I never quite saw what WWE's interest was in bringing Big Daddy V back into WWE. The guy was incredibly out of shape and could hardly perform in the ring. His only real offense was his size and didn't really have much to offer in the sense of athletic ability. Then again, the Great Khali is still under contract and he can't do shit in the ring.

10. bostonbred

bostonbred Guest

Neither of those guys can work well, but as Steph mentioned, they are spectacles. As is Hornswoggle. As were guys like Andre the Giant, Yokozuna, and Zach Gowen.

11. KYSportsWriter

KYSportsWriter Well-Known Member

But at least one of those could do stuff in the ring.

12. KevinmH9

KevinmH9 Active Member

I might be mistaken, but is TNA Genesis on tonight? I'd be interested in reading those results considering Jarrett is taking on Angle.

Draft saved Draft deleted