1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

2009 Running Pro Wrestling Thread

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by KYSportsWriter, Jan 1, 2009.

1. Call it a shameless plug if you like, but if people want to get familiar with ROH, they're having an $8 sale on selected shows from 2005.

2005 and 2006 are the strongest years of ROH existence, in my opinion. Following indy wrestling can be a crimp on the wallet, but here's a good low-cost intro to the product.

If anyone would like specific show recommendations, shoot me a PM.

2. Mystery_Meat

Mystery_Meat Guest

If Bryan Danielson got on WWE TV, he would have been perfect for the no-frills entrance. Though they also could have bought the rights for The Final Countdown, and that would be OK with me.

3. Petrie

Petrie Guest

Loved Voodoo Child, especially whenever Hogan decided to play air guitar with the belt [/late90swcwfanboilooser]

4. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

Yeah, but leave it to the WWE to ruin a good thing. They probably would have given him a new name, like Daniel Bryanson or something like that.

5. bostonbred

bostonbred Guest

Jeff Hardy's new theme song is excellent. It kind of mixes his stale old entrance with a more rock vibe and some interesting lyrics. It gets the crowd hyped.

I wasn't keen on Orton's theme switch, but it has worked out well and even helped develop the arrogant, entitled persona. It was time to freshen up themes and it was a great decision.

Kennedy's new music is not as good as his old one, which has more of a heel sound to it.

6. Mystery_Meat

Mystery_Meat Guest

They turned Kennedy too early. He's still way better as a heel.

Speaking of heel, what little I saw of Michelle McCool as a heel, I'm not so sure about. Evil girls are HOT, but she's a piss-poor striker. Randy Orton, she's not.

7. Tommy_Dreamer

Tommy_Dreamer Well-Known Member

Who care's if she's a striker just show me some cleavage! :D

8. KYSportsWriter

KYSportsWriter Well-Known Member

Hated Orton's at first, but it has definitely grown on me.

9. HandsomeHarley

HandsomeHarley Well-Known Member

I was referring to how Jarrett pushed himself down everyone's throat when Panda put the money behind it. He insisted on having the belt when they went television and it didn't mean a thing.

Russo is just the most overrated writer wrestling has ever seen. He must have dropped to his knees for Jarrett to get that job. Then again, he must have not been responsible for having Jarrett drop the IC title to a woman.

10. Rockbottom

Rockbottom Well-Known Member

I too am a Hoganfanboilooser, which is why Voodoo Child (slight refrain) is my designated bumper tune during a weekly local radio interview spot.

Also agree on Cena's tune. It has a thumping backbeat to it, and dude is charismatic.

RB

11. bostonbred

bostonbred Guest

http://www.wwe.com/shows/smackdown/sdspecial/vickienude/

Enter at your own peril.

12. Tommy_Dreamer

Tommy_Dreamer Well-Known Member

... I might have just been turned off permanently just reading that address.

Draft saved Draft deleted