1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

2009 Running Pro Wrestling Thread

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by KYSportsWriter, Jan 1, 2009.

1. Tommy_Dreamer

Tommy_Dreamer Well-Known Member

I'm also partial to Edge's entrance music. I find myself playing it in my local bar whenever I can because it kicksalottaass.

2. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

Some other great entrances:

The Rock's (His intro during the Owen Hart tribute show was the loudest pop I've ever heard).
    Hogan's (Both Real American and Voodoo Child)
    Triple H's (However, it's all gone to his head).
    Rob Van Dam's (in ECW, with the fans singing along)
    Mr. Perfect's

3. Tommy_Dreamer

Ah yes. Pantera's Walk was RVD's entrance music. That brings back some great memories from sitting ringside.

4. bostonbred

bostonbred Guest

Call me lame, but I actually liked WWE's version of RVD's theme ("One of a Kind") better than "Walk." Both great wrestling themes though.

5. Tommy_Dreamer

It was good, but sentimentality reigns with me when it comes to RVD and "Walk." Whole fricking crowd was singing that when he came out and I never forget to bask in the glory that came with leading about 600-1,000 other drunken idiots in a chorus of "Big Balls"

6. Mystery_Meat

Mystery_Meat Guest

Edge has a good history when it comes to entrance themes. The current one is the best of today's bunch, and Never Gonna Stop by Rob Zombie was pretty awesome for him as a face.

7. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

TNA was started as NWA-TNA by Jeff and Jerry Jarrett.

Vince Russo came later, left, came back and refuses to take the hint.

Still the strangest matchup of promotion to ownership (Panda Energy, without which TNA would not have made it out of 2002).

8. Tommy_Dreamer

Agree. And if anyone is wondering, Edge's music is done by Alter Bridge. Song is called Metalingus.

9. KevinmH9

KevinmH9 Active Member

I kinda like Jeff Hardy's new music. For some odd reason, I've always liked Bret Hart's music. I know, it doesn't have lyrics or anything, but I just like the tune.

10. Mystery_Meat

Mystery_Meat Guest

It takes a while for a theme song to take hold. I remember thinking that changing Randy Orton's music was insane, even though his previous theme was geared for his post-Evolution breakup and not the uberasshole champion heel he is today.

Santino's is perfect for who he is. Awful as a face, brilliant as a heel.

Kozlov's isn't bad, even though I dug his no-music, no-video, spotlight entrance.

11. Tommy_Dreamer

And I thought the Dudley's were the only people that could ever get heat for not using entrace music. Although in his earlier "face" days, Bubba Ray used Highway to Hell by AC/DC

12. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

I've always thought that they should have kept that no-frills entrance for Kozlov. It is pretty unique, nowadays.

Either that, or if they ever have another anti-establishment wrestler, or invader (like Matt Hardy when he was fired and rehired), they shouldn't give him music, because why would a guy not employed by the company have music and a video?

Draft saved Draft deleted