1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

2009 running CFL thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Beef03, Jun 17, 2009.

1. GB-Hack

GB-Hack Active Member

Belting second half comeback by Calgary. 27-27 when Montreal was up by 20 early.

Just started the fourth quarter.

2. Gomer

Gomer Active Member

Liking the new rules so far, even if they did hurt Calgary in the first half. Fewer kickers taking safeties is a very good thing.

3. JC

JC Well-Known Member

Couldn't agree more. Should've happened years ago.

4. Iron_chet

Iron_chet Well-Known Member

Entertaining Als-Stamps game to kick off the season out west.

Has anyone else noticed that the tackling seemed really high? It looked like there were a lot of horse collar attempts to bring down the ball carrier.

5. BNWriter

BNWriter Active Member

Toronto player in hot water over touchdown celebration that "honored" Michael Jackson: http://www.pjstar.com/sports/x135737035/CFL-reviews-post-TD-tribute-to-Michael-Jackson

One more idiotic idea an athlete who can score points came up with.

6. Beef03

Beef03 Active Member

I read about it first when I was laying out the story and it only got stupider when I saw the "Highlight"

7. BNWriter

BNWriter Active Member

Beef, I wonder how many TD celebrations "honoring" Michael Jackson the NFL will have put up with before saying "Enough!! No celebrations -- period!!" I wish they would just do that already. I do not know what CFL's rules on the subject are, but it has gotten tiresome to watch in the U.S.

8. Gomer

Gomer Active Member

It's rare for the CFL to penalize someone in this fashion, as in most cases the teams police themselves. A couple years back Calgary's receivers were doing fake bobsleigh runs and what-not, and their coach eventually just said 'no more.'

9. Gomer

Gomer Active Member

I'm stuck covering a baseball game here, but heard Lumsden is already out with a shoulder injury?

I feel bad for Lumsden, but as for Edmonton? AHAHAHAHAHA... (/Stamps fanboi) (sorry JR)

10. mb

mb Active Member

Trust that wasn't JR's boy that got blown up on that kick return. TD Bombers!

/can't help it -- SportsJournalists.com chose Winnipeg as my team a couple of years back

11. Beef03

Beef03 Active Member

Yeah that kind of sucks for Lumsden and the Eskimos. Also totally screwed with their game plan and Ricky Ray once again was forced to attempt 40 passes. Thankfully they managed to pull that game out of their ass somehow.

12. JR

JR Well-Known Member

Lumsden's a china doll. He's been injury prone since his days at McMaster.

Scott Gordon, the starting Edmonton FS got banged up with about two to go so Elliott had some playing time other than special teams.

No recorded tackles but he could have been called for a late hit. :)

Draft saved Draft deleted