1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

2009 running CFL thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Beef03, Jun 17, 2009.

1. D-Backs Hack

D-Backs Hack Guest

Try channelsurfing.net

2. Double J

Double J Active Member

The London Silverbacks don't play in the Northern Football Conference, they play in the North American Football League, which looks to be a step up in the semi-pro world.

Still, it's a tragic situation. Lucky there was only one fatality.

3. Beef03

Beef03 Active Member

Shit, i scanned the story a little too quickly. Was wondering why they were in Indiana.

Absolutely tragic.

4. DocTalk

DocTalk Active Member

5. D-Backs Hack

D-Backs Hack Guest

Just got done wacthing an interview with Anthony Calvillo where the TV guy ends it by saying, "Thanks, A.C."

I can't help but think that it would be hilarious if Calvillo shot back, "Yeah, you know who I am, damn it!"

6. Sea Bass

Sea Bass Well-Known Member

This may be on another thread, but the driver of the SUV killed in that bus crash is the wife of Chris Smith, current PGA Tour/Nationwide Tour player. Their two kids were also airlifted to hospital and are in critical condition.

EDIT - authorities are saying Smith's 16-year-old daughter (Abigail) was driving, not his wife.

7. Elliotte Friedman

Elliotte Friedman Moderator Staff Member

Interviewed Chris Smith once -- he led after round one of the Canadian Open at the Abbey one year. Awful, awful news.

8. Beef03

Beef03 Active Member

shit that sucks

9. GB-Hack

GB-Hack Active Member

Argos have looked very impressive in their opening two drives, picking up touchdowns on both.

10. Elliotte Friedman

Elliotte Friedman Moderator Staff Member

Welcome to another great Tiger-Cats season, JR!

11. JR

JR Well-Known Member

Yeah, thanks. They still don't have anyone who can, you know, tackle.

HC & I dropped into the Goose for some wings just as the game was starting and our friend Frankie started his Oskieweewee chant about ten minutes into the game .

But now I'm an Eskimos fan. :

Kid's on kick-off, kick-off returns and punt returns in tomorrow night's game against the Bombers.

12. Beef03

Beef03 Active Member

Gotta say something feels right about Canada Day and CFL football together.

Draft saved Draft deleted