1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

2009 running CFL thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Beef03, Jun 17, 2009.

1. Gomer

Gomer Active Member

You still up for a tailgate or two this season? If anybody else feels like coming down just let me know - I have season tickets.

Missing the home opener because it's on a Wednesday, however. Will be at all the rest.

2. Double J

Double J Active Member

I hope Toronto uses the classic "A" helmets.

[​IMG]

Although I hope the Argos can hang onto the ball, unlike what happened to this poor fucker later in this particular game.

3. AMacIsaac

AMacIsaac Guest

Brother Gomer, I'm more about the gating than I am about the football. Whoo!

4. Beef03

Beef03 Active Member

Labour Day may be doable for me

5. Gomer

Gomer Active Member

Eeeexcellent. Labour Day we do beer batter pancakes with Jack Daniels syrup, 9 a.m., be there.

I'll post here the weekend before each game just in case. Should be a heck of a season, or at least that's my impression of the Stamps. They're the new Lions - expected to win every week, with their biggest problem being their own egos late in the season.

6. Iron_chet

Iron_chet Well-Known Member

Slight threadjack for any Cowtowners who are bringing in people for Stampede. Travelzoo has Hotel Arts on for $ 109 per night including Stampede.

As for the thread, Go Stamps Go.

7. Beef03

Beef03 Active Member

Can I buy a ticket for the game yet? Or what's the best way of going about all that?

8. D-Backs Hack

D-Backs Hack Guest

You are a student of the game. Nicely done.

9. Double J

Double J Active Member

Thank you!!

Great detail on the picture, I think, showing just how wet that field was on that day.

Although the groundskeepers deserve a lot of credit for it still looking like a football field even at the very end of the game, unlike
    (and the Argos won that Grey Cup, so I guess fair is fair :)).

10. D-Backs Hack

D-Backs Hack Guest

I saw an article where one of the Stamps defensive players said there was no way Toronto was gonna score anyway, McQuay didn't slip, we hit him hard and that's why he fumbled.

Now, it's true they might not have scored. But a big hit? Uh, no ...

11. Huggy

Huggy Well-Known Member

My old man, degenerate gambler that he was, went to his grave convnced McQuay fumbled on purpose.

Anyway I hope these retro jerseys are better than the abominations the Argos and Bombers (I think) wore for a game in TO last year.

12. Brooklyn Bridge

Brooklyn Bridge Well-Known Member

I plan on being in Montreal on July 9Th, when the Als take on Edmonton. I know the stadium in on the smaller side, but are getting tickets a problem? I was hoping to get walkup tix, but barring that are there enough scalpers? Or should I get tickets beforehand?

Draft saved Draft deleted