1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

2009 running CFL thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Beef03, Jun 17, 2009.

1. Huggy

Huggy Well-Known Member

Absolutely, I didn't see one mickey bottle or overpriced beer hurled all night! Ah, to return to the wild, old glory days at the Ex! One thing the dome has over that place - for football anyway: infinitely more sanitary bathrooms!

It is too bad that the BMO Field project didn't include the Argos. That would be a terrific venue for them. As it is now I don't see a whole lot of interest in another outdoor stadium in Toronto.

2. Beef03

Beef03 Active Member

Weren't they originally supposed to be a combined project? Could BMO be renovated for football down the line?

And yes that was a terrible game, thankfully I couldn't sit through most of it because of work, just checked in now and then.

3. JR

JR Well-Known Member

Problem is (as I understand it), the field can't be enlarged because the stadium backs on to a street.

Glad my sister's company had season tix. Can't imagine spending $70.00 per seat

4. JC

JC Well-Known Member

How low are the crowds at Skydome?

5. JR

JR Well-Known Member

Last night there were (announced) around 27,000. Not bad for an Argos team that is beyond awful.

6. Blitz

Blitz Active Member

If this is d_b, I apologize
    Tillman pleads guilty as part of plea/dropped charges deal, then resigns from club
    http://www.thestar.com/sports/football/cfl/article/748452--tillman-resigns-as-roughriders-gm

7. Beef03

Beef03 Active Member

Tillman apparently already has some kind of offer to work in the u.s. But says he wants to stay in cfl. I could see him maybe ending back in Toronto.

Draft saved Draft deleted