1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

2009 Oscars — running thread

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Football_Bat, Feb 22, 2009.

1. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

Live from the Kodak Theatre in a couple of hours.

Didn't see a thread started yet so thought I'd jump in.

Not much suspense this year in the best supporting actor category, is there?
  2. lisa_simpson

lisa_simpson Active Member

Usually at least one of the acting categories throws a major curveball, but I doubt that it's going to be the Supporting Actor category (my money is on Supporting Actress, actually - my pick is Taraji P. Henson). What I am most curious about is, should Ledger win, who will accept the award on his behalf? Christopher Nolan, maybe?

Can't wait to see what rabbits Hugh Jackman pulls out of his hat. He was outstanding as the host of the Tonys a few years back.
  3. Simon_Cowbell

Simon_Cowbell Active Member

I mentioned this last month, but my hope is that Petit walks the wire above Nicholson, Brangelina et al.
  4. markvid

markvid Guest

Roger Goodman, who is ABC's main news director, is directing tonight's show.
    Will be interesting to see how he does things differently.
  5. PCLoadLetter

PCLoadLetter Well-Known Member

I believe Heath Ledger's sister is there to accept.
  6. Killick

Killick Well-Known Member

Brad Renfro. ;D
  7. BYH

BYH Active Member

The Best Supporting Actor/Actress awards are among the first delivered, right? Cause I gotta go run an errand but I'd like to see if Ledger wins.
  8. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

One of my writers has it on the TV Guide channel and he's glued to the pre-game show.

He has the viewing habits of a 60-year-old woman.
  9. spup1122

spup1122 New Member

Kate Winslett looks amazing tonight. Jessica Biel's dress is amazing, but her hair.. a hot mess.
  10. BYH

BYH Active Member

The Academy is scrambling to make sure Mickey Rourke hasn't won. Baba Wawa Wawa ended another typically vaguely condescending pre-Oscar interview (basic gist: "holy crap, you're a lot like your character in The Wrestler!!") by asking him what it would mean to win. He said it would be a nice material confirmation of his comeback...but then added:

"But in the big picture, you can't eat it, you can't fuck it and it won't get you into heaven."

Awesome. I'll wager dollars to donuts that one of the other three guys wins the Best Actor Oscar, b/c there's no way the Academy is going to give it to crazy ol' Mickey Rourke or a previous winner/liberal fuck who is nominated for playing a gay guy.
  11. Killick

Killick Well-Known Member

Speaking of TVGuide, they've got a pretty good Oscars drinking game online.

Among the penalties:
  12. shotglass

shotglass Guest

You need a PhD. to play that game. ;)
Draft saved Draft deleted