1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

2009 NHL off-season trades, rumours, draft thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by AMacIsaac, May 12, 2009.

1. AMacIsaac

AMacIsaac Guest

Hmmm ... all your 'greatest teams ever' are from Ontario ...

2. Double J

Double J Active Member

I have to confess, I'm more familiar with the history of the Ontario junior leagues. If there's a team from the west or east that was as dominant throughout a Memorial Cup-winning season, I'd love to know about it. :)

3. Mark2010

Mark2010 Active Member

Wow, Double J, you are a walking encyclopedia of hockey. :)

4. AMacIsaac

AMacIsaac Guest

If Gregg was here, he would learn you a thing or two. :D

5. JR

JR Well-Known Member

His friends call him the Hockey Rain Man. :)

6. Double J

Double J Active Member

I'd kill to learn from the master. ;)

What friends? :D ;) [/savingsomebodyelsethetrouble]

7. Double J

Double J Active Member

I've heard of Wheatfield Soul, but not Wheatfield Grapes......maybe that's where raisin bread comes from.

http://www.nhl.com/ice/news.htm?id=422794&cmpid=rss-News%20in%20English

Don Cherry is getting his own biopic.

The outspoken former hockey coach, a mainstay of CBC's "Hockey Night in Canada," will be the focus of a made-for-TV movie expected to air on the public broadcaster next year.

A publicist for the film says "Keep Your Head Up Kid: The Don Cherry Story," is set to begin shooting next Wednesday in Winnipeg and throughout Manitoba.

8. AMacIsaac

AMacIsaac Guest

There's no finer mentor on the planet.

Understand this: I tear up when I write that.

9. Double J

Double J Active Member

I absolutely believe you - a brilliant writer, and researcher too, obviously.

10. Sam Mills 51

Sam Mills 51 Well-Known Member

That's acknowledging a bad contract. Not a bad player by ANY means, but a bloated contract. Tampa still has to pay Lecavlier, and that's an albatross of a contract, too, one which the Lightning will likely have to lower their price if they wish to deal him elsewhere.

11. GB-Hack

GB-Hack Active Member

If that is in any way correct, it's a pure salary dump.

My question would be if the NHL would allow it to happen? I mean, it seems so completely one-sided, it would cause a major uproar around the league, wouldn't it?

12. Sam Mills 51

Sam Mills 51 Well-Known Member

An uproar? Likely. But legally, what can the NHL do to stop it?

Maybe one day, the owners and GMs will stop trying so freaking hard to outsmart themselves. They shut the league down for a season over money and revenue ... and judging by the way they're throwing money around, they didn't learn much.

Draft saved Draft deleted