1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

2009 NHL off-season trades, rumours, draft thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by AMacIsaac, May 12, 2009.

1. Mark2010

Mark2010 Active Member

Dave Bolland signs a five-year, $18 mil extension with the Blackhawks. Guess he won't have to ask JR for a loan. :)

2. HC

HC Well-Known Member

Damn. I saw him at the bar on Sunday night. Should have made him buy me a beer. :D

3. Beef03

Beef03 Active Member

Pretty much, especially after Radulov bolted while under contract last year. Also considered a big reason why Kulikov slid in the first round. I'm thinking last year's draft numbers were pretty similar with the big Russian who slid to the Rangers (Name escapes me right now, died on the ice this season because of the heart problem).

4. GB-Hack

GB-Hack Active Member

I think Alexei Cherepanov is the name you're looking for.

5. Beef03

Beef03 Active Member

That would be the one! Thanks GB.

6. derwood

derwood Active Member

Yes however lots of them are playing games since they are only draft eligible before they turn 21, there is going to be a ton high quality, young UFA's in two years.

7. GB-Hack

GB-Hack Active Member

How big could that angle be, and is it being under-reported right now?

8. JC

JC Well-Known Member

It's more that they don't have a transfer agreement with the Russians.

9. Mark2010

Mark2010 Active Member

Alexander Radulov ever coming back? And, if he does, does Nashville still have his rights?

10. Sea Bass

Sea Bass Well-Known Member

When Yashin refused to honour the last year of his contract, sat out the year then claimed he was a free agent when the season was done, an arbitrator told him to go fuck himself and that he owed the Senators another year. So if that was seen as at all precedent-setting, I think Nashville might have his rights still.

11. Ashy Larry

Ashy Larry Active Member

Nashville should stay away from Yashin....even if they have his rights.

I suck. ;D

12. Beef03

Beef03 Active Member

The Preds still have his rights, I believe.

Draft saved Draft deleted