1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

2009 NHL off-season trades, rumours, draft thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by AMacIsaac, May 12, 2009.

1. AMacIsaac

AMacIsaac Guest

Sure, playoffs aren't over but the talks are heating up.

JR, check this out:

http://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/2009/05/12/leafs_lightning_trade_talks/

The Tampa Bay Lightning have set a price for their second overall pick in this year's NHL Entry Draft and it appears to be too high for the Toronto Maple Leafs.

Leafs general manager Brian Burke has confirmed to Sportsnet that the Lightning have asked for Toronto defencemen Tomas Kaberle and Luke Schenn along with the team's No. 7 pick in exchange for Tampa's No. 2 selection.

2. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

Rumours? Y'all need to learn how to spell rumors properly. :)

3. AMacIsaac

AMacIsaac Guest

You know ... I posted a story on another forum about a guy who got crushed by a load that snapped off the construction crane.

Initial story said he fell 10 storeys.

And someone got pissed off at me for 'storeys.'

Sigh ...

4. Huggy

Huggy Well-Known Member

Leafs chasing Duchene or Tavares if he falls out of the one spot?

Why trade Schenn to get Hedman?

5. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

Eh ...

[​IMG]

... and that pic is a lot more interesting today now that we know who was sleeping with whom while that album was recorded.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  6. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

Hey, if you can pick on Americans for our need to rank everything (see NHL Playoff thread), than I can pick on Canuckistanis for sticking U's and E's where they don't belong. :)

7. JR

JR Well-Known Member

I give up. How would an American spell it?

Could we stick the Memorial Cup here or should we start a new thread?

Hey, AM, at least you didn't write "draught thread". :)

8. AMacIsaac

AMacIsaac Guest

I should have. But then OOP might have started a whole nother thread calling me out for it. ::)

Let's chat Memorial Cup here, too. Go Rockets!

9. AMacIsaac

AMacIsaac Guest

And to get on track, Sportsnet Pacific reported this morning the Flames will be keeping Keenan but canning three assistant coaches.

That sound you heard was my fist going through the wall.

10. RickStain

RickStain Well-Known Member

Offseason? I do believe it's still going.

</smug Blackhawks fan>

11. JR

JR Well-Known Member

Memorial Cup Starter Post Dave Waddell of the Windsor Star has a cool profile on CHL coach of the year Bob Boughner. /www.windsorstar.com/Sports/Second+chance+drives+Boughner/1586875/story.html http:/ Boughner captained the 1990-91 Sault Ste. Marie Greyhounds to the Memorial Cup that season, but they failed to advance out of round-robin play. "It's something I regret as a 19-year-old going to Quebec City," Boughner said. "I told the kids after (Friday's) game, I'm 38 years old and there's many days I think back at the opportunity that was missed at the Memorial Cup. "Going there and not having a good showing, obviously you move on in life but there's still that part of you that wishes you could go back and do it all over again." And here's the official website and on one thing I agree with Don Cherry, it' the Memorial Cup, no matter how many dollars Mastercard throws at it. http://mastercardmemorialcup.com/news.php?id=966&y=2009 And here's the schedule: Friday May 15: Kelowna vs. Rimouski, 7 p.m. Saturday May 16: Drummondville or Shawinigan vs. Windsor, 4:30 p.m. Sunday May 17: Rimouski vs. Windsor, 4:30 p.m. May 18: Drummondville or Shawinigan vs. Kelowna, 7 p.m. May 19: Windsor vs. Kelowna, 7 p.m. May 20: Rimouski vs. Drummondville or Shawinigan, 7 p.m. May 21: Tie-breaker, if needed, 7 p.m. May 22: Semifinal, 7 p.m. May 24: Championship, 4:30 p.m. I assume all games will be on Sportsnet and we'll have to listen to Peter Loubardias screech "GOOOOOOOOOALLLL" for ten days. Go Spits!

12. JR

JR Well-Known Member

Yeah, but we want to keep stuff like the Memorial Cup off the NHL thread.

Draft saved Draft deleted