1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

2009 NFL MVP is exactly who you thought it is

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by 2muchcoffeeman, Jan 9, 2010.

1. Oz

Oz Well-Known Member

Well, they were 0-6 to start the season with Johnson. Running for 128 yards in a 59-0 loss won't win you an NFL MVP.

The Titans were 8-8 with Johnson. They were 8-2 with Johnson and Young. For this season, when you factor in team success, VY would have to be the Titans' MVP. There might even be something to be said that VY opened more running lanes for Johnson that didn't exist when Collins started.

2. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

Not when he's not the player that every defense gets ready to stop when they play Minnesota. The Vikings made the playoffs last year without Favre. The Colts would be 6-10 without Manning.

3. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

Favre had a legitimate chance to win it before the meltdowns against Carolina and Chicago and refusing to let his coach pull him.

4. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

I don't think ANY team with Curtis Painter under center is a playoff team.

And that's part of the trouble with the "valuable" criteria. It's as much a statement about the QB's backup as it is about the QB. While Manning will always be incredibly valuable, that value would be less if he had an Aaron Rodgers backing him up (like Favre had for a couple of years) or even a Chad Henne.

5. Derek_W

Derek_W Guest

What meltdown against Chicago? Once Childress got out of the way, Favre threw for 2 TDs and nearly 300 yards in the second half alone. If ever a game showed that the Vikes' offense now goes through Favre, not Peterson, that game was it. They were down 16-0 at the half because the running game wasn't working, and Favre almost singlehandedly completed a second-half comeback. Too bad Adrian Peterson decided to fumble yet again in OT.

I don't disagree that the MVP should have been Peyton, but Favre (and Rivers and Brees) should have gotten more consideration.

6. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

God bless Vikings fans.

Their tears always taste so sweet.

7. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

Did somebody ask for Nate Poole?

8. BYH

BYH Active Member

I am going to enjoy the Saints' pre-Super Bowl loss almost as much as I will the Vikings' pre-Super Bowl loss.

9. Simon_Cowbell

Simon_Cowbell Active Member

I don't think the Colts or Saints make it

10. BYH

BYH Active Member

Chargers-PackersCardinals!!!

11. Derek_W

Derek_W Guest

Considering you're the genius who also predicted the Packers would win the NFC ...

12. BYH

BYH Active Member

Oh junior you got me. See you in a week or two, when the worst day of your 21-year-old life takes place.

Draft saved Draft deleted