1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

2009 NFL Draft thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by DanOregon, Apr 22, 2009.

1. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

So I'm trying to figure my parley for the draft:

Worst suit:
    Last guy in the Green Room:
    How many draft picks before Mel Kiper utters the word: "reach."

I'm watching Nnamdi Asomugha of the Raiders on ESPN right now on NFL Live, probably the best NFL analyst current or former player I've seen on the network in a while. No shtick, explains his points and it's not like he needs the coin. Really impressed. Hard to believe he's a cornerback.

2. Diabeetus

Diabeetus Active Member

Last guy in the green room will definitely be Josh Freeman.

3. KevinmH9

KevinmH9 Active Member

Bubbler just had a nightmare and has no idea why. [/seedraftreviewthread]

4. Angola!

Angola! Guest

So, Sportscenter tells me Seattle will draft Sanchez. They then spend the next five minutes talking about how denver and the jets want Sanchez. Does that mean Seattle's No. 4 is up for grabs?

5. Oz

Oz Active Member

Kansas City at No. 3, because the Chiefs never really wanted to draft that high (Pioli's used to trading down during his years with the Patriots) and because teams who want Sanchez would have to jump the Seahawks at No. 4 and the Browns at No. 5.

6. Mark2010

Mark2010 Active Member

I thought Mark Sanchez was skipping going to New York because he knew his stock was falling faster than General Motors.

If this guy is a top 5 pick, it just tells me how far the league has fallen.

7. JackReacher

JackReacher Well-Known Member

Apparently, The Dan is all over Sanchez. I definitely didn't want Cutler, but I'm intrigued by Sanchez since he can sit and learn for a year, maybe two.

8. 93Devil

93Devil Well-Known Member

Is Campbell that bad? I honestly don't think so.

Would the difference between Campbell and Sanchez be great enough to use a #1? Build up the OL and the WRs and draft a kid in the third round. I'm guessing he will look fantastic if he has all day to throw to guys who can get open.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 1, 2015
  9. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

You are trying to apply logic to a team owned by Dan Snyder. You do understand the flaw in such behavior, right? :)

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 1, 2015
  10. mustangj17

mustangj17 Active Member

Does anyone know why the draft starts at 4 and not noon?

11. 93Devil

93Devil Well-Known Member

TV ratings.

12. mustangj17

mustangj17 Active Member

Draft saved Draft deleted