1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

2009 NFL coaching carousel thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Mizzougrad96, Oct 21, 2009.

1. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

There seems to be a lot of coaching discussions on the weekly NFL threads, so I thought it might deserve its own thread.

Which coaches do you think will be fired between now and the end of the season? Who do you think will replace them?

2. Herbert Anchovy

Herbert Anchovy Active Member

Raheem Morris is looking more and more like a one-and-out. That team is no worse than the ones inherited by Dungy or by Sam Wyche. They aren't even competing.

3. Pancamo

Pancamo Active Member

Zorn
    Norv Turner
    Jauron

4. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

1. Zorn
    2. Morris
    3. Phillips
    4. Cable
    5. Jauron
    6. Kubiak
    7. Del Rio
    8. Turner
    9. Fox
    10. Mangini

5. mustangj17

mustangj17 Active Member

1. Zorn
    2. Turner
    3. Jauron
    4. Fox
    5. Cable
    6. Kubiak
    7. Del Rio
    8. Mangini
    9. Morris
    10. Phillips

I think all could be gone.

6. mustangj17

mustangj17 Active Member

Where will Gruden, Shannahan, Cowher land?

7. Pancamo

Pancamo Active Member

If Del Rio wins 7 games he stays in Jacksonville. No way do is the money there to pay to coaches at the same time.

Add Jeff Fisher to the list. He may not get fired but might ditch.

8. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

If Fisher wears Peyton's jersey again this week, he may be at the top of this list!

http://blogs.tennessean.com/titans/2009/10/20/fishers-foolish-fashion-faux-pas/

9. expendable

expendable Well-Known Member

The only thing keeping Zorn in Washington past Monday is that the Skins and Eagles play on Monday night. Hopefully for him, the game goes past midnight.

10. 93Devil

93Devil Well-Known Member

1/2 that crowd might be wearing green.

11. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

Unless you know who the replacement is going to be, I'd be hesitant to let any first year coach go. Wouldn't be surprised to see a coach signed for next seaon before the season ends. There are a few people out there who will be able to write their own deal.
    And anyone think a college coach might make the jump? Stoops? Meyer? Ferenz? Tressel? I've got to think coaches seeing how things ended for Fulmer, Carr and possibly Bowden, the idea of finishing their careers at their schools might not be so appealing.

12. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

Just can't see any of the big name coaches taking Skins job for any amount of Snyders money.

Draft saved Draft deleted