1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

2009 NASCAR running thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by 2muchcoffeeman, Jan 1, 2009.

1. Double J

Double J Active Member

Tell us how you really feel, ijag. :D

2. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

NASCAR shifts Nationwide date to Road America.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nascar/news?slug=ap-nascar-roadamerica&prov=ap&type=lgns

That could be entertaining.

3. 2muchcoffeeman

Bud Shootout eligibility rules shaken up again. Last year's top-six-from-each-manufacturer is out (which is good, because there aren't six Dodges). Instead, the Shootout field will include the 12 Chasers from the previous season, anybody who's won a Cup feature race at Daytona (Shootout/500/400 but not the 500 qualifying races), former Winston/Nextel/Sprint Cup champions and the reigning Rookie of the Year (note that there most likely won't be one of those in 2011's Shootout).

Drivers now in the 2010 Shootout who would have been out under the old format: Jamie McMurray (2007 400), Dale Jr. (past winner of all three Daytona Cup features), Kevin Harvick (500/Shootout), Mikey Waltrip (two 500s and a 400).

Drivers in the Shootout who would have been out if former Firecracker/Pepsi/Coke Zero 400 winners had been excluded: McMurray and Kyle Busch (2008 400). I think the latter is the reason former 400 winners were thrown into the mix.

Drivers who would have been in the Shootout under last year's format but who are now out: Allmendinger and Sadler (among the six top Ford teams for 2010 under 2009 owner points), Reutimann and Ambrose (among the six top Toyotas), Hornish Jr. and Keselowski (among the six top Dodges).

http://msn.foxsports.com/nascar/story/122309-Spencer-NASCAR-changes-shootout-rules

4. playthrough

playthrough Moderator Staff Member

In other words, NASCAR realized Dale Jr. wasn't in the Shootout. Fixed.

5. 2muchcoffeeman

Not having Kyle Busch in the Shootout was probably big in their minds, too.

6. Double J

Double J Active Member

Maybe to a point, but Junior not being there would be a much bigger deal to the powers that be.

7. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

D.J. Richardson, the front tire changer for Harvick's Sprint Cup car, died today after a long hospitalization (including an induced coma) after he came down with H1N1.

8. Bubbler

Bubbler Well-Known Member

Here's another ... she was once a semi-regular on The Muppet Show.

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  9. KG

KG Active Member

I actually made an appointment for my H1N1 shot the day I read about him being hospitalized. After reading about him, I decided I couldn't take any more risks with my asthma being so bad in the winter. After the attack I had yesterday, I realized how vulnerable my lungs really are. Maybe others will be inspired to get the shot now.

Since he had no health insurance, I suppose he had no life insurance. I hope the family will be okay.

10. 2muchcoffeeman

Sporting News and Scene Daily have destroyed whatever credibility they had.

http://www.scenedaily.com/news/articles/sprintcupseries/Sporting_News_50_Most_Beautiful_People_Tony_Stewart.html

:eek:

11. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

THE END OF DAYS!

Draft saved Draft deleted