1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

2009 NASCAR Media Tour

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by BMuddMan, Oct 21, 2008.

1. BMuddMan

BMuddMan Member

Does anyone know the dates of the annual NASCAR Media Tour held in Charlotte in late January? Heard some scuttle the event could be discontinued next year - wondering if anyone can confirm or deny and has the dates if possible. Thanks.

2. DCaraviello

DCaraviello Member

They had "see you at the 2009 Media Tour" written on the whiteboard in the LMS media center following the race there two weeks ago. Can't remember the dates off the top of my head, but I think it was Jan. 19-22, which would mesh with the Cup testing schedule. The SMI credentials site should have it.

It will be interesting to see how many folks show up, given how daily newspapers are jumping ship on this beat.

3. BMuddMan

BMuddMan Member

Thanks for the info. The last race I covered about two months ago had the smallest number of press people in the media center I'd seen since I started getting NASCAR assignments a couple years ago. I see NASCAR keeps providing "content" on its media site but our paper won't use much of that since its coming from the sanctioning body - I wonder how many other papers will be 'forced" to though in the future since they can't staff the beat any longer?

Draft saved Draft deleted