1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

2009 MLB Predictions

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Evil Bastard (aka Chris_L), Feb 25, 2009.

1. vicd

vicd Active Member

Though "The Dump" has a nice ring as a nickname

2. RossLT

RossLT Guest

The PC name would be Waste Management Field.

3. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

Safest prediction ever: The Rangers will be dead-last in team ERA once again.

4. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

I've got ARod winning the Triple Crown and then going 3 for 19 with 4 walks 1HR (in a 8-1 Yankee win) 2RBI as the Yankees lose to the RedSox in the ALCS

Marlins over the RedSox in the WS 4-1

5. Jason Giambi finishs the season with more HR than Mark Teixeira

6. I Should Coco

I Should Coco Well-Known Member

PREDICTION: Joe Morgan will get through ONE Sunday-night broadcast without reminding everyone he was the greatest second baseman ever.

Nah, that's crazy talk!

7. spnited

spnited Active Member

Prediction: Pedro Martinez will sign with the Marlins and beat the choking dog Mets (who are morons for not signing him) twice in September and prevent them from winning the NL East.

8. casty33

casty33 Active Member

Don't we all remember a time when spnited was ripping Pedro Martinez constantly? Of course, considering Freddy Garcia, Livan Hernandez, Jon Niese and the other pretenders, it's difficult to blame him for wanting Pedro back, isn't it?

9. spnited

spnited Active Member

I never ripped Pedro when he was with the Mets...only in his later years in Boston when he'd lose a big game to the fucking Yankees every September.

And his two games in the WBC ... 6 IP, 6 K, 0BB, 1 hit ... are far better than any Mets pitcher has done this spring.

10. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

Wow. Brandon Webb's numbers are much worse than that this spring. The Diamondbacks should just cut him and sign Pedro Martinez.

Draft saved Draft deleted