1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

2009 MLB Predictions

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Evil Bastard (aka Chris_L), Feb 25, 2009.

1. casty33

casty33 Active Member

If it's Aaron Heilman, what will spnited do?

2. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

It won't be Aaron Heilman.

3. bostonbred

bostonbred Guest

Giants and Royals are my sleeper teams - one makes the playoffs.

Roy Halladay is as good as gone. Toronto will be terrible, despite a ROY run by Travis Snider. He is traded to an NL team at the trading deadline for a bunch of young studs.

Orioles will surprise some people, but don't have the pitching to make noise.

Red Sox struggle at the beginning of the season, pick up steam in the summer, and win the AL East. They don't all pan out, but one of Saito, Smoltz, or Penny is very productive.

Rays are in the playoff hunt, but eventually miss out the Wild Card to the star-studded Yankees. A-Rod hears boos the entire year yet has a big year before fading in October.

Phillies vs. Red Sox in the World Series. Philadelphia in 6.

4. mustangj17

mustangj17 Active Member

The Tigers will underachieve. Leyland will smoke a lot of ciggarettes. The Pirates and Royals will be out of it by June and ESPN will cover the Red Sox and Yanks like it is going out of style.

5. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

rr
    You think the Pirates can be in it in May?

6. KevinmH9

KevinmH9 Active Member

You think the Pirates can be in it at all? Every season they step onto the field is a mega fail.

7. outofplace

That was my point. They were truly out of it the day pitchers and catchers reported.

8. BYH

BYH Active Member

9. outofplace

Because one of the few things you and I can agree on is the Pirates' ability to fuck things up?

10. vicd

vicd Active Member

Someone in a $200 obstructed view seat at the new Yankee stadium will say that Tropicana Field is a dump.

11. buckweaver

buckweaver Active Member

Well ... it is. :D

12. vicd

vicd Active Member

I like to think "it has character" :D

For $10 a game, it's an air-conditioned Palace.

Draft saved Draft deleted