1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

2009 Belmont Stakes - Borel's curtain call

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Blitz, May 30, 2009.

1. fishwrapper

fishwrapper Active Member

I got $24 bucks here for shits and giggles...

2. Rumpleforeskin

Rumpleforeskin Active Member

cran, that superfecta might not pay much if it hits. I'm very skeptical of betting this race because it's only 10 horses and looks like the clear favorites may run away with it.

Needless to say, I'll probably box 4,6,7 in a trifecta and put some money on Miner's Revenge to win. You can't rule out Zito's horses in the Belmont.

3. cranberry

cranberry Well-Known Member

It definitely won't pay that much but once the filly was out they were the four that remained on my list. A 2-6-7 trifecta wasn't going to provide a big payout, either, and I liked Flying Private's strong finish at Pimilico. I really don't think there will be any big surprises in this race, which is usually what I like about the Belmont. The mile-and-a-half tends to weed out pretenders.

4. trifectarich

trifectarich Well-Known Member

I just can't see anyone else getting to the wire first, so I've got 6-7-8 on top of $72 worth of trifecta wagers. I'm playing with house money after a nice cash from the Preakness, so let's get a couple of double-digit horses to place and show so I can go get my new irons next week. I'd really prefer to take a couple of cracks at the guaranteed $1 million Pick 4, but the serious handicapping will have to wait until the trip to Saratoga. Good luck to everyone.

5. Rumpleforeskin

Rumpleforeskin Active Member

Good luck, trifectarich. I'm sitting this one out as I can't see enough value, unless a longshot sneaks its way in there somewhere.

6. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

I'm sitting this one out. I don't like the potential ROI on any of the horses that could win.

That said I hope Borel wins. Nice guy, from the limited time I've been around him.

7. Moderator1

Moderator1 Moderator Staff Member

MTB is way worked up and, if that's a light sheen of sweat forming already? There's money to be made out there today.
    I went in thinking MTB was the biggest lock in sports. That shot of him and the commentary about his demeanor has me wondering.

8. Inky_Wretch

Well, crap, Thoroughbets isn't taking wagers on Belmont!

I was going to throw down on the 10-cent Superfecta with a 1, 2, 6, 7, 9, 10 box for $36.

9. Moderator1

Moderator1 Moderator Staff Member

MTB looked better there. My faith is back. The 6 is the wild card in this deal.

10. buckweaver

buckweaver Active Member

Calvin Borel is a Cajun Buddhist.

11. GB-Hack

GB-Hack Active Member

The wrong Bird won.

12. Inky_Wretch

Hell of a run by Summer Bird.

Draft saved Draft deleted