1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

2009 Baseball Thread, Part Deux: The Jerry Remy Edition

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by KP, Apr 15, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. FishHack76

FishHack76 Active Member

That's weird that a sacrifice bunt would continue a streak but a sacrifice fly wouldn't.

2. [​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  3. hockeybeat

hockeybeat Guest

Thinking about The Great Citi Field Debate from the first thread...

I was at the new digs Monday night and the park is absolutely beautiful. And I think therein lay the issue because Citi Field is a bit odd fitting. Surrounded by roadways, chop shops and the elevated 7 train trestle, in an area that screams urban grittiness, is a palace.

4. Simon_Cowbell

Simon_Cowbell Active Member

How can anyone say someone has extended a streak of consecutive games with a hit when.... he hasn't.

More seam stupidity.

5. cranberry

cranberry Well-Known Member

Doesn't matter. No one watches Baseball Tonight anymore, anyway.

6. Simon_Cowbell

I felt that way in the late 1980s when going to the Miami Arena.

7. Simon_Cowbell

I think that whenever a player swings a bat, they are trying to get a hit, even if they are trying to lift the ball. A bunt is much more of an obvious..... sacrifice ... of a plate appearance.

8. goalmouth

goalmouth Well-Known Member

I always saw Shea as the gateway between NYC and the island, what with the bay beyond centerfield and Flushing Meadow park across the street.

9. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

You know what I love about baseball? Every morning during the first half of the season you can wake up and think to yourself, "today is the day the Angels get clutch hits. Today is the day the Braves bullpen doesn't blow up. And both my teams win!"

10. Moderator1

Moderator1 Moderator Staff Member

Speak for yourself. Today is the day I woke up and said, "Thank you rain for keeping the Nats from losing again."
    I bought tickets for Jordan Zimmermann's debut on Sunday. Which is now Monday.

11. Simon_Cowbell

Today is the day the Marlins, no matter what happens, will still have the NL East lead and the best record in the bigs by day's end.

ANY day, even in April, I can say that is a fun day.

12. Simon_Cowbell

That is huge news for our roto league, which does its transactions on Sunday night.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.