1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

2009 Baseball Thread, Part Deux: The Jerry Remy Edition

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by KP, Apr 15, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Yodel

Yodel Active Member

It's going to be a long season in Atlanta. If the Braves could hit, pitch or field, they would be pretty good.

2. KevinmH9

KevinmH9 Active Member

I can't see the Rangers going away. If they can pick up something to improve their starting rotation, they will win the division. Ian Kinsler is completly out of his dome right now.

3. Pete Incaviglia

Pete Incaviglia Active Member

It's early, the Jays are leading the East, too.

4. Beaker

Beaker Active Member

Yep, that's always the problem with the Rangers. The offense will be fine, even with Hamilton on the DL at the moment.

5. Beaker

Beaker Active Member

Very true, but the Jays have a much harder division to compete in than do the Rangers and M's, especially given the current state of the Angels.

6. BYH

BYH Active Member

Ding ding ding.

First team to 82 wins wins the AL West. Sure as hell will not be the Angels or the A's. Might as well be the Rangers.

7. Beaker

Beaker Active Member

I wouldn't be shocked if mid to upper 80's in wins captures the AL Central, either. Royals anyone? :)

8. KevinmH9

KevinmH9 Active Member

While it's early, I could see the Royals winning it. I'll let Pallister, Zeke and Oz battle that one out, though. ;D

9. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

Don't sell those two teams short. The Angels can get their guys back and stay in the race as long as they don't get buried the rest of May. And the A's have been horrific out of the gate this whole decade, and always catch fire in June and July. I still think it's going to be a horse race in the AL West.

10. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

With everything that has gone wrong for the Angels, they would be one back of both the Rangers and Mariners with a victory over the Athletics tonight. That is with at least some help coming from Lackey, Santana, Escobar and Guerrero. I'm not sure what you are seeing that makes you think that team should be written off.

11. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

Bumped for posterity.

12. Beaker

Beaker Active Member

I don't think they should be written off, but I think they're going to be in a fight all season.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.