1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

2009-2010 Hot Stove Thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Armchair_QB, Nov 4, 2009.

1. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

Crede's a free agent, and I think they let him walk.

If they get a legit 3B, that's a very tough lineup. Imagine, say, if they ponied up for Chone Figgins (Yes, yes, fuckers, I know they won't. It's Hot Stove. I'm allowed my delusions.)

1. Span --CF
    2. Figgins -- 3B
    3. Mauer -- C
    4. Morneau -- 1B
    5. Cuddyer -- RF
    6. Kubel -- DH
    7. Hardy -- SS
    8. Young -- RF
    9. Punto/Casilla -- 2B

That would give them two .400 OBP guys in front of Mauer-Morneau-Cuddy-Kubel and take all the pressure off Hardy and Young, two guys with big power upside.

2. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

Because of our simultaneous conversation, I am now wishing with all I have that your team adds no third baseman at all.

3. YGBFKM

YGBFKM Guest

As great as Dye was for the Sox, he fell off significantly in the second half of last year. Replacing him with Teahen isn't the answer, but with the dumbass move of tying up money in Rios, Dye had to go.

4. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

If they can't get Figgins, just wait a month or two into the season and I'm sure the Pirates will be willing to send them Iwamura in exchange for a warm six pack.

5. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

6. BYH

BYH Active Member

*pouring a 40 on the sidewalk in memory of the days of Shitpot*

7. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

Cue up the cassingle of Boy II Men.

"It's so hard, to say goodbye.... To yesterday."

8. BYH

BYH Active Member

Cassingle. Wow.

I bow in your general direction, good sir.

9. RickStain

RickStain Well-Known Member

Figgins is not a guy you can pencil in as a .400 OBP guy. Yes, he's come close 2 of the last 3 years, but he's never hit it and those are his two career years. And he'll be 32 next season.

10. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

So you're with me that Punto is a better option, since his OBP was .406 in Sept.-Oct.? Thanks!

(HI Zeke!)

11. Hank_Scorpio

Hank_Scorpio Active Member

Tigers say goodbye to Marcus Thames and Matt Treanor.

http://www.mlive.com/tigers/index.ssf/2009/11/tigers_part_ways_with_marcus_t.html

JJ Putz could be in the mix for the Tigers. Putz is from the Detroit area.

http://www.mlive.com/tigers/index.ssf/2009/11/will_reliever_jj_putz_become_a.html

12. BYH

BYH Active Member

The only reason Putz should be in the Tigers' plans is if they want to finish fourth or fifth.

He is absolutely, positively done, and if there's a guy out there with a more suspicious rise and fall, I haven't seen him.

Draft saved Draft deleted