1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

2009-2010 Hot Stove Thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Armchair_QB, Nov 4, 2009.

1. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

2. outofplace

Diamondbacks exercise $8.5 million option on Brandon Webb. I don't think Webb has even thrown yet since elbow surgery.

3. Steak Snabler

Steak Snabler Well-Known Member

4. outofplace

True. Gomez is a nice risk for the Brewers, who gave up a player they wanted to move aside anyway.

5. Trey Beamon

Trey Beamon Active Member

I like that Twins-Brewers trade for both teams.

6. Hank_Scorpio

Hank_Scorpio Active Member

7. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

8. outofplace

I think it is more likely that they just let Cabrera go, assuming he is going to ask for too much money.

9. steveu

steveu Well-Known Member

I like the JJ deal on the "change of scenery" ground. Maybe he can get his head screwed on straight when he inhales the cold Minneapolis air of April and September. :)

10. Hank_Scorpio

Hank_Scorpio Active Member

Making it official, ChiSox decline Dye's option.

http://msn.foxsports.com/mlb/story/10330126/ChiSox-decline-Dye%27s-$12M-option,-pay-out-$950K?From=MSNHP&FG=FOX_Pipe

11. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

I think the Gomez-Hardy deal has pretty good potential as a win-win.

The Twins couldn't play Gomez every day with Span, Young and Cuddyer all needing ABs and Kubel having earned the DH spot. And he's only 23. Massive upside.

For Hardy, he either hits in the two-hole in front of Mauer and sees fastballs all season or hits seven and has no pressure at all. Either way, you figure he has a better hitting season.

Hope it works out for both teams.

12. outofplace

That is shaping up to be a really tough lineup if Hardy can straigthen out and Morneau can get completely healthy. Now if they can find a way to not have to count on Crede and/or Tolbert at third base. They should be right there again, especially with a fully-healthy Slowey. He looked like he was really ready to step forward despite pitching all season with the injury that eventually shut him down.

Draft saved Draft deleted