1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

2009-10 NHL playoff thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Cosmo, Apr 13, 2010.

1. zagoshe

zagoshe Well-Known Member

I don't see Boston beating Buffalo, which means the Penguins get to kick the Capitals ass....again.... in the second round, not the Eastern Conference Finals.

It won't shock me, though, if the Devils find a way to beat the Penguins to get to the Stanley Cup Final.

And Detroit's ship has sailed - they won't be back in the Final.

2. zagoshe

zagoshe Well-Known Member

Of course, if Marc Andre Fleury plays like he is playing tonight, well, the Penguins might not get out of the first round.

3. Trey Beamon

Trey Beamon Active Member

I can't see the Penguins returning to the finals ... or even getting close.

Too many defensive breakdowns, too many soft goals and too much inconsistent play this season. And for all their talent/star power, it's unrealistic to think they'll simply flip a switch now that the playoffs are under way.

4. plus the fact they can't beat the Devils or the fucking Caps!

5. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

I know it's a different team ... I know they had their own line on the Canadian team in Vancouver ... but I also know their history, so seeing virtually everyone pick the Sharks is scaring the heck out of me!

6. JR

JR Well-Known Member

People may be picking the Sharks to beat the Avs in the first round but that's about it

7. GB-Hack

GB-Hack Active Member

Two games, two road wins. Huh.

8. Double J

Double J Active Member

[​IMG]

One goal, one assist, second star of the game. :)

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  9. mb

mb Active Member

Yep. Pens played the same type game they've been playing for a few weeks now. And while I was hoping they'd figure something out once the playoffs started, if they keep this up they'll be toast long before the Capitals can get their hands on them.

10. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

Wonder if anyone in Phoenix realizes that they used to do the Whiteout thing in Winnipeg.

11. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

And that was a really bad goal Bryzgalov (sp?) just gave up.

12. Beef03

Beef03 Active Member

I have them winning the first, but not much more. They have a lot to prove in that round if they are going to get much support even for the second round.

Draft saved Draft deleted