1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

2009-10 NHL playoff thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Cosmo, Apr 13, 2010.

1. Beef03

Beef03 Active Member

I wouldn't worry about trade value with Huet if all you want to do is clear space, take a sixth round pick for him and be happy, addition by subtraction.

Also of the players you mentioned, the best to let go may be Sharp, and I say that as a Sharp fan. 1) the return for him will be the greatest and 2) Skille and Beach are both offensive players who would be almost wasted on the checking lines, and especially considering Beach's history as a problem child through out his junior career you may have extra issues with him if he's stuck down on the fourth or third lines.

EF — you mentioned the Islanders as a possible destination for Huet, what is there goaltending situation? I know Roloson still has a year left, does Biron as well? What are DiPietro's chances of actually playing next year?

2. RickStain

RickStain Well-Known Member

When I say trade value, I mean ability to trade him at all. You'll have to package him with something else attractive, like a high draft pick, just to move him at all, and I'm not even sure that'll be enough.

3. Double J

Double J Active Member

Guess we'll see how smart a GM Stan Bowman really is.

It's easy to come into a team somebody else put together and win with it (see: Grundman, Irving, 1978-79; and Burke, Brian, 2006-07).

4. RickStain

RickStain Well-Known Member

Agreed. The next two-three weeks may make or break his tenure. If he does a good job, the Blackhawks get good value for all the assets they are going to be forced to drop, take a one-year hit where they are merely pretty good, and come out in the 2011 offseason smelling like a rose with fresh cap space and a ton of good, young prospects and extra draft picks on top of their excellent core.

If he does a bad job, he dooms the franchise to a half-decade or so of decentness.

5. JR

JR Well-Known Member

Travels with the Cup

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  6. Liut

Liut Well-Known Member

Who is the dude in the middle?

Draft saved Draft deleted