1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

2009-10 NBA season thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Den1983, Oct 2, 2009.

1. Small Town Guy

Small Town Guy Well-Known Member

How about Paxson fulfilling every Bulls fan's fantasy and pushing Del Negro after the Nets fiasco?

http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/news?slug=aw-paxsondelnegro041310

Highlight of the Celtics-Bulls game tonight, sort of sums up Boston's year, was Rasheed making a shot in the wrong basket.

2. JackReacher

JackReacher Well-Known Member

LeBron sitting the final Cavs regular season game. Doesn't that give Durant the scoring title barring something crazy?

3. Pancamo

Pancamo Active Member

Yes. If Durant sat, Lebron would have needed to 63 points to win the title. Durant is the youngest scoring champ in history.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 1, 2015
  4. Den1983

Den1983 Active Member

I'd say he's thisclose to being a better offensive player than LeBron.

Durant's offensive game is just sick. Can't wait to see how high his ceiling is.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 1, 2015
  5. ucacm

ucacm Active Member

I went to an OKC v. Houston game in OKC a few weeks back and Durant's scoring seemed near effortless. He has a great flow on the offensive end of the floor.

A friend of mine, who is a huge Thunder fan, says the biggest weakness in KD's game is his team defense. I don't watch the game as closely as my friend, but I think his criticism is that KD just seems to occasionally lose his focus on the defensive end. His guy did get open in transition for easy baskets a couple of times during the game we attended.

The game experience at Ford Center was one of the best I've seen in the NBA. The game was really damn fun to be at, despite my favorite team getting pounded from the get go. There seemed to be just the right mix of silly little junk during breaks in actions. I've been to NBA games in Memphis, San Antonio, Phoenix, Houston, and Dallas, and I'd say the game experience in OKC beat them all. The pre-game prayer caught me off guard, but it didn't really bother me, and most of the fans seemed to love it.

Draft saved Draft deleted