1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

2009-10 NBA season thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Den1983, Oct 2, 2009.

1. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

bill simmons was had the 5 good minutes on PTI and did very well. i can definitely listen to him talk about the nba if they gave him a 30-minute format. he could probably loosen up more and not have the demeanor of someone on loods, but he's sharp when it comes to the nba.

he also has a new 700-page book out about all things nba.

the only thing i disagree with is him saying the lakers getting artest is a downgrade from ariza. i say this will be the lakers' greatest defensive season ever if artest doesn't lose his head.

2. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

Well, Xan, you should be thrilled with the ESPN E:60 or whatever that thing is called episode on Artest I just watched where he talked about since he's come to LA he's kind of taken Lindsay Lohan under his wing and given her the benefit of his experience in bouncing back from life mistakes.
    Holy Toledo!!!!

3. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

4. 93Devil

93Devil Well-Known Member

Simmons was both good and bad on PTI. He does have the balls to say Durant might have a better career than James (interesting thought), but at least smile when they introduce you, Bill.

Am I the only one who got the feeling that Tony K dislikes Simmons greatly?

5. JackReacher

JackReacher Well-Known Member

Simmons was decent on PTI, but you're right Devil. He didn't smile once.

He was on the local sports talk radio show yesterday morning and was very good.

6. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

TOUCHDOWN, CAVS!

7. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

The season's not even nine minutes old before the Q crowd starts the MVP chant. LeBron has three blocks already, including running down Rondo and smashing his layup attempt off the backboard. Nine points for The King in nine minutes, and Shaq already has six and a rest. Me likey.

8. zagoshe

zagoshe Well-Known Member

I don't care what happens in that Cleveland game, well except that both teams score at least 89 and the Cavs win by at least six..... ;D

9. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

It's a funny thing about Simmons. I hate his writing. No biggie, just a matter of personal taste. But I've always found him to be very good on TV and radio. I think the mandatory brevity is good for him.

10. Den1983

Den1983 Active Member

The Cavs shoot some stupid shots. Celtics are getting quality ones.

LeBron had a magnificent first quarter though.

11. Den1983

Den1983 Active Member

I agree with him. Ariza was a perfect fit for that team. Young, great defender, good slasher, quality shooter and low key. Artest is older, a good defender, not much of a slasher and a streaky shooter.

Seems like I'd rather have they former than the latter.

12. Small Town Guy

Small Town Guy Well-Known Member

Cavs fans shouldn't have done that. I'm sure Laker fans will now feel the need to start an MVP chant for Kobe six minutes into the game. That chant needs to become socially unacceptable, like the wave.

Draft saved Draft deleted