1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

2008 World Series Running Thread: Phillies-Rays (No. 3: The Babe Ruth edition)

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by 2muchcoffeeman, Oct 19, 2008.

1. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

Hey, I can laugh at you and myself at the same time. I'm sorry that all went over your head.

2. JC

JC Well-Known Member

How the hell can you be a serious baseball fan and not know this.

Also, what number do yo where? I'll be looking for you in game one.

3. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

The nice thing about the end of Game 7 last night is that we won't have to listen to Chip Caray again until next October.

4. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

From the baseball thread...

Twas just a joke.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  5. EStreetJoe

EStreetJoe Well-Known Member

Phillies in 6.

6. bostonbred

bostonbred Guest

I like the Phillies in 6 as well.

I think they have a deeper lineup (which is surprising, since they are the NL team) and Cole Hamels is becoming a superstar pitcher.

7. budcrew08

budcrew08 Active Member

Tough series to predict. Rays could be burnt from the ALCS, but Phils could be cold coming off such a long wait, similar to the Rockies last year.

I'll say: Rays in 6, and the world ends. I don't think I can outright root for them, but if they can do it, I say good for them.

8. steveu

steveu Well-Known Member

Phillies in six. Unless Howard, Utley and company go cold at the plate again.

As for the ratings, unfortunately I'll go under. The Tampa market, while huge, still doesn't match New York or Boston (but I'm glad to see neither in the Series for once). You'll get a lot of fans around Philly and NJ tuning in.

9. casty33

casty33 Active Member

Phillies in 7. Cole Hamels as MVP.

Hey, it's all guesswork anyway.

10. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

Re: 2008 World Series Running Thread: Phillies-Rays (No. 3: The Babe Ruth editio

There will be at least one game where both pitching staffs fail. With these two lineups, that game could be 19-18.

11. playthrough

playthrough Moderator Staff Member

The Tampa market will be on board now, but boy were they slow to this party. Team was still struggling to draw its own fans late in the season (Bos/NY in town always helped pad the gate), and I read this morning how Game 7 tickets were easy to find at face value or lower from desperate scalpers. Granted, a) Game 7 was a sudden thing, as they usually are, b) the Bucs were playing across the bay and c) thousands of extra seats were now in play with high-upper-deck tarps removed. Yet those factors would be irrelevant in a better sports town.

12. Claws for Concern

Claws for Concern Active Member

Re: 2008 World Series Running Thread: Phillies-Rays (No. 3: The Babe Ruth editio

There will be a Game 7 in the 2008 World Series and it will be won by the Rays.

Draft saved Draft deleted