1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

2008 World Series of Poker

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by CentralIllinoisan, Jun 15, 2008.

1. PeteyPirate

PeteyPirate Guest

That guy Shwartz or whatever, the chess hustler, made a great laydown of the K-high flush against the A-high flush.

2. old_tony

old_tony Well-Known Member

Yes, I would have to agree that there was truly some great play at this year's final table. I think I've seen final tables in the past where there were three or four I didn't think belonged. At this final table, maybe one didn't belong.

As for Eastgate's reaction after winning, I like to think I would be exactly the same way. In the poker tournaments that I've won I've never jumped up and celebrated or talked any trash. Just not the way I am.

3. bigpern23

bigpern23 Well-Known Member

Cough, Scott Montgomery, cough.

4. BB Bobcat

BB Bobcat Active Member

Probably because he realized that after those crazy Dutch taxes he was only taking home like 750 bucks. :)

5. GB-Hack

GB-Hack Active Member

Well since he's Danish, I guess that won't affect him.

6. JakeandElwood

JakeandElwood Well-Known Member

The last hand was sick. Catching the wheel to give the other guy 2 pair? That's a dream hand. Like you said, he did play well too.

7. BB Bobcat

BB Bobcat Active Member

Ah, all the same to me. The problem with most of the world is it's full of foreigners :)

8. GB-Hack

GB-Hack Active Member

Like me, for example. :D

Draft saved Draft deleted