1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

2008 sj.com college football poll -- (1/9) Final Poll, Page 118

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by slappy4428, Aug 18, 2008.

1. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

two of the 11 had mistakes in their ballot and did not make the fix in time to count.

2. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

At least you acknowledge Kansas sucked that bad that a loss to it would be so costly. ;)

3. joe_schmoe

joe_schmoe Active Member

I find that simply amazing.

Interesting season. Thanks for having me on the poll Slappy. I know a lot of people will wonder why you let me on when you post the final ballots, but whatever.

4. three_bags_full

three_bags_full Well-Known Member

I'm curious as to how people ranked Texas Tech ahead of Ole Miss. Not that I have a vote, or anything.

5. Oz

Oz Well-Known Member

Basically, the same reason people ranked USC above Oregon State -- number of loses. Two losses (Oklahoma, Ole Miss) compared to four (Wake Forest, Vandy, South Carolina and Alabama).

6. three_bags_full

three_bags_full Well-Known Member

They beat them last week, not four months ago.

7. Hustle

Hustle Guest

Hang on a sec. I saw, last night I believe, that the thread title had changed to read that ballots were open. I read through the last two pages at that point and - while I certainly may have missed it - I didn't see any kind of a deadline. And if I missed such a thing, I'm certainly sorry that I didn't read better.

Throughout the day, I was thinking about whether I was going to put Florida or Utah at the top spot and fill out the rest. My plan was to get into the office and, knowing that I was going to have time to kill, do it first thing this afternoon when I could really think about it. But now I see the final poll has been posted. So here I am.

Perhaps there were folks who half-assed it. I don't feel I was one of them.

8. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

Didn't insinuate you were and you're not. There are others...
    But from midnight on Jan. 5 until I listed that the poll was open after the game on Jan 8, there was a header with this note on page 113..

Re: 2008 SportsJournalists.com college football poll -- Final poll note for voters, Page 113

9. Hustle

Hustle Guest

No beef with you, Slap. As others have said, you do a great, great job with this. I earned the italicized name, no one else.

My concern was more with 93D and his comment. It wasn't simply like I said to hell with it...

10. Barsuk

Barsuk Active Member

Great work, as always, slappy. It was an honor and a pleasure to be a part of it. Sorry for the one week I missed when my interwebs were broken. Hope to have the privilege again next season.

11. KYSportsWriter

KYSportsWriter Well-Known Member

Only ballot I miss, and it's this one.

Don't know what I was thinking for having Boise on there twice...

12. Bubbler

Bubbler Well-Known Member

I tried my best to half-ass it, but I managed to get all of mine in.

Draft saved Draft deleted