1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

2008 Running Pro Wrestling Thread

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by HandsomeHarley, Jan 11, 2008.

1. What about Exploding McMahon?

2. bostonbred

bostonbred Guest

I expect Big Show to make his return in the Rumble when a bunch of Jamie Noble's are in the there. He'll clear the ring and get a good pop.

3. EmbassyRow

EmbassyRow Active Member

Punch. Punch. Punch. Blocked punch. Clothesline. Irish whip. Clothesline. Chokeslam.

(piss break.)

4. Claws for Concern

Claws for Concern Active Member

How long before a Big Show-Hornswoggle tag team? ::)

5. Mystery_Meat

Mystery_Meat Guest

There's your setup and your match, in reverse order. McMahon has Hornswaggle wrestle Khali AGAIN, this time Show comes out for the save.

6. HandsomeHarley

HandsomeHarley Well-Known Member

Show and Hornswoggle: Future WWE tag-team champions.

7. Gutter

Gutter Well-Known Member

I fairly sure that was the Big Show, not Al Snow.

8. Mystery_Meat

Mystery_Meat Guest

You know, come to think of it, that's right. He also wrote a very touching poem calling him a bastard with a dead dad, or something to that effect.

9. Gutter

Gutter Well-Known Member

I just remember the image of Big Show being dragged, clutching onto the coffin as Bossman is hauling it away.

10. I remember being very uncomfortable watching that. Sometimes, I am downright embarrassed sometimes that I'm a wrestling fan.

11. EmbassyRow

EmbassyRow Active Member

zzzzzzzzzzz.........

what? Hm? Oh, sorry. I fell asleep watching Impact. Man, this show's better than Ambien.

12. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

For some strange reason, I actually thought that last scene was pretty funny. It was so over the top that I remember laughing at it.

You would think the Bossman would have been nicer, after all, he had a feud with Bobby Heenan over Heenan cracking jokes about his mother. The episode where Heenan got handcuffed to the guard rail was one of the funnier shows of the late '80s/early '90s.

Non-storyline related, probably the worst moment in wrestling history was Owen Hart's death. Imagine being at that live show, and seeing him fall into the ring. I'd have nightmares about it. Also, the night the WWE interviewed Brian Pillman's wife right after he died wasn't exactly the best timing.

Storylinewise, I'd definitely put Katie Vick up there. For you World Class fans, Fritz Von Erich faking a heart attack was pretty tasteless.

Draft saved Draft deleted