1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

2008 running fantasy football thread

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by mustangj17, Jul 9, 2008.

1. JakeandElwood

JakeandElwood Well-Known Member

Do you only have one keeper?

2. a_rosenthal

a_rosenthal Guest

Uhhh... Brady shouldn't go No. 1. The difference between Brady in the 1st and, say, Carson Palmer in the 4th isn't as severe as Adrian Peterson in the 1st and Michael Turner in the 2nd.

3. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

Sort of. We have two, but you can't keep both from the same position. It's a shame, because I was loaded at RB last year (Peterson, Grant, McGahee and Jones-Drew; also had Reggie Bush at one point and traded him).

4. pallister

pallister Guest

KEEP GRANT.

5. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

I really did think about it. He was a nice pickup late in the year. But Green Bay's QB situation scares me a little (will the defenses load up to stop Grant?), and beyond his big games Peterson gave me what I love -- consistency. He was a lock for at least 12-15 points most every week, about what I hope for from a RB. And there's not enough value difference between round 6 and round 10 to make it an overriding factor.

6. JakeandElwood

I would definitely keep AP then. No offense, but I don't understand the reasoning behind that keeper rule. If your two best players are RBs you should be able to keep both.

7. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

It's designed to get some more talent into the draft pool. If you could keep two RBs, everybody would keep two RBs and there would be none left at the draft. So if you get stuck with average RBs one year, you're fucked. It'd be the same bullshit every year. This way, rosters shuffle and everybody gets a shot at the top-tier guys every couple years.

8. JakeandElwood

I guess that makes sense. I kind of think that if you're smart enough to get the studs you should be able to keep them, though.

9. mustangj17

mustangj17 Active Member

How does that work that it only costs you a sixth rounder? Is it based on his draft position last year? That would even seem low.

10. bostonbred

bostonbred Guest

I'd draft Brady no lower than 6. That's a good spot. Tomlinson, AP, Westbrook, Jackson, and Addai should each go before him.

11. JakeandElwood

Six is fine, but I'd put him ahead of Westbrook and Addai because of their injury history. There's no way he should go before Tomlinson or AP.

12. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

Yeah, it goes by where he was drafted last year. I guess he slipped that far because of the rookie factor, plus playing for what looked to be a wretched Minnesota team.

As for Brady, I'd put him ahead of Jackson. Jackson has had some injury issues too, including a good chunk of last season. And if that line has issues, it could be another long year.

Draft saved Draft deleted