1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

2008 Running Baseball Thread, Part the Ninth

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Chi City 81, Jun 7, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. casty33

casty33 Active Member

Attention spnited, HB and all other fans of te NY Mets ... it's time to back up the truck.

And I agree with LJB, the Phillies are going to run away with the NL East.

2. Moderator1

Moderator1 Moderator Staff Member

By double digits.

Phils
    Mets
    Marlins
    Braves
    Nats

Wow, that's a bad division.

3. spnited

spnited Active Member

Yup... Mets are toast!

4. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

But not as bad as the AL Central.

5. Chi City 81

Chi City 81 Guest

Or the NL West.

6. Moderator1

Moderator1 Moderator Staff Member

The Padres, who blow, took five of six from the Mets and Nats. I'm not about to talk shit about another division.

7. Gutter

Gutter Well-Known Member

Who woulda thunk the Central would be the class of the NL anytime soon?

8. ondeadline

ondeadline Well-Known Member

Another day, another botched home-run call by the umpires.

Mark Reynolds just had a home run wrongly taken away in Pittsburgh. A fan in the front row caught the ball, but caught it in such a way that it would have been a home run. The umpires huddled and decided that it was a double. Yet again, a bad decision on a home run.

9. ondeadline

ondeadline Well-Known Member

Note to Doug Mientkiewicz: Don't piss off Randy Johnson. After he stepped out of the box twice, the Big Unit started yelling at him. They soon were nose-to-nose and the dugouts cleared, but nothing much amounted from it.

Updated: Mientkiewicz eventually walks and later scores on a bases-loaded walk. I think that whole confrontation threw Johnson off of his game.

10. Herbert Anchovy

Herbert Anchovy Active Member

Nobody's even really talking about their bullpen. Durbin, Seanez, Romero, Lidge and Gordon have a collective ERA of 2.06 in 135 innings (just over 30 walks).

If Utley wins MVP, it'll be the first time since the 1961-63 Yankees (Maris, Mantle, Elston Howard) that a team has had back-to-back-to-back MVPs.

I see the Phils winning 95 games, if not more. They're doing all this now with Ryan Howard hitting .214.

11. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

And promptly get knocked out in the first round because, well, because they're the Phillies.

12. Herbert Anchovy

Herbert Anchovy Active Member

Phillies match up pretty well with Arizona.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.