1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

2008 Running Baseball Thread, Part the Ninth

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Chi City 81, Jun 7, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. KYSportsWriter

KYSportsWriter Well-Known Member

Maybe not then.

2. D-Backs Hack

D-Backs Hack Guest

With his bullpen burned up, Fredi Gonzalez brings in Badenhop, tomorrow's scheduled starting pitcher, in to pitch to Brandon Phillips in the eighth.

3. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

Story in the DMN is that the final straw was that he refused to pitch on an extra day's rest in order to keep Kevin Millwood on his regular turn in the rotation.

4. Rumpleforeskin

Rumpleforeskin Active Member

Jimmy Rollins tacked on a two-run dinger in the ninth to ice the game for the Phillies. Good total effort out of them tonight. Pat Burrell continues to surprise me how well he hits the low ball.

5. budcrew08

budcrew08 Active Member

Finishing on the grille. You got it. Sterling sucks ass.

6. Moderator1

Moderator1 Moderator Staff Member

Got drunk in hotel bar and had to be removed (see Rangers.com and the Dallas area papers).
    Lost it on the manager and pitching coach when they adjusted rotation and gave him extra day.

See ya, Sid.

And, uh, I don't enjoy this because as I said yesterday I'm in the Braves corner. But where are the pen defenders now?

7. casty33

casty33 Active Member

So spnited, my buddy, what do you think of Pedro Feliciano now? I think I'd rather have Scott Schoeneweis in the game. He just walks or hits people, he doesn't give up bombs to the likes of Scott Hairston.

8. ondeadline

ondeadline Well-Known Member

Chipper Jones is out two games (at least) with a muscle tear.

9. Trey Beamon

Trey Beamon Active Member

My fantasy team thanks you, sir.

10. broadway joe

broadway joe Guest

Everything else / Sports and News / Re: 2008 Baseball Thread: You're not getting Seven! Posted by broadway joe on: May 25, 2008, 11:27:08 AM
    Chipper sitting today with back spasms. I believe I had strained quadriceps in the pool.

Chipper Jones: Slight Quadriceps Tear - 6/8/2008 8:37:50 AM

Update:
    Jones was held out of Sunday's lineup with a right quadriceps strain, the Braves' official site reports.

Thank you. Thank you very much.

11. HoopsMcCann

HoopsMcCann Active Member

you ain't fuckin' kidding. they are the worst. this was the first time i've subjected myself to any part of a yankees game since i got xm. holy shit are they the fucking worst? does anyone on the yankees have a last name? just curious...

and on the ball that bounced over callapso, waldman actually asked why callapso bent down to field the ball instead of standing straight up -- are you fucking kidding me? the ball hit the lip of the infield (apparently, they got around to telling us later) and bounced over him and she wonders why he wasn't standing straight up? fucking christ. just awful. i turned it as well. seriously, these two fucking nitwits are unlistenable

12. dargan

dargan Active Member

Francoeur just GIDP with one out and the bases loaded.

He's been absolutely atrocious with RISP lately.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.