1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

2008 Pearl Jam tour thread

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Simon_Cowbell, Jun 11, 2008.

1. kokane_muthashed

kokane_muthashed Active Member

Damn. Kings of Leon AND Pearl Jam? That's quite a two-for.

Hopefully, next year Eddie and the boys will decide to visit the South or Midwest.

2. Hope an SportsJournalists.commer went tonight...and gives a full report.

I just saw the setlist and it looked sick.

Plus, Eddie gave a long, drunken speech about Jose Cardenal. Definitely buying this boot.

3. Congrats to everyone who is seeing them this summer. I was itching to get up to MSG for one of the shows, but alas, not happening.

The best part about Bush getting out of office? Pearl Jam back in Texas.

4. Brooklyn Bridge

Brooklyn Bridge Well-Known Member

Two weeks from tonight in Hartford.

5. John

John Well-Known Member

Holy shit. That was one hell of a show tonight in Columbia, S.C., where they hadn't played in 10 years, Eddie said.

It was a little like a B-side concert because there weren't that many staples played. Even Flow was the only show regular in the opening set, which was followed three encores. Overall show was about 2 hours, 30 minutes.

It was pretty much a full house at the Colonial Center, which stunned me since it was a Monday night show. And Kings of Leon was quite good, too.

6. Kar33mSkyhook

Kar33mSkyhook Member

Wow, what a great concert this one was. Turns out to be my favorite out of the 5 I attended. I read the Pit and saw how many people missed the first songs PJ played because of the will-call. Anyways, my friends and I got there around 6 but I had to wait for my extra guy who was traveling from Canada and luckily he made it on time before the will-call debacle.

So for the lucky 10 Club members like myself who saw the whole show witness an instant classic PJ concert.

I can't wait for a world tour but that might not happen until a new album is out. Our boy, Brendan O'Brien is back as the production sheriff. So perhaps, we get more of Vs./Vitalogy/No Code/Yield sound to the new album or much different- not sure, guess we'll have to see.

Makes much more sense to live,
    In the present tense[i/] :)

Draft saved Draft deleted