1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

2008 NFL Week 1 running thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Simon_Cowbell, Aug 31, 2008.

1. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

To be fair, Roethlisberger was playing with a new center and one new guard, who happened to be replacing a Pro Bowler (Alan Faneca), against what was supposed to be a pretty good Texans team Sunday.

But he's still not on Manning's level.

In terms of name recognition, he is nowhere close to Favre, either. Though at this point, Roethlisberger is the better quarterback.

Romo is an interesting comparison. Definitely higher profile. Better player? I don't think so, but it's a close call.

2. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

Even Steely McBeam thinks 93 is a bit over the top here.

3. Rumpleforeskin

Rumpleforeskin Active Member

If you were to show a group of people, sports fans and non-sports fans, pictures of QBs, I believe the order of most people recognizing them would be; Favre and Romo (tied), Peyton Manning, Donovan McNabb and a cast of others.

Endorsements help a lot and Romo has been getting a bunch of push recently, while Manning's marketability has dropped a bit, as has McNabb's. Favre would just be known because people saw enough of his face recently and he's a tested figure.

4. pseudo

pseudo Well-Known Member

Um. This is probably a bad thing, isn't it?

[​IMG]

5. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

Part of me says "Yes, that's a bad thing."

Part of me wants to order one.

6. pseudo

pseudo Well-Known Member

Probably wouldn't surprise you to know the site is run by a Steelers fan, then. ;)
    (Click on the shirt to go there.)

7. Tommy_Dreamer

Tommy_Dreamer Well-Known Member

That just SCREAMS class. ... but I want one :D

Draft saved Draft deleted