1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

2008 NFL Week 1 running thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Simon_Cowbell, Aug 31, 2008.

1. BYH

BYH Active Member

You spend a lot of time in your Stan Humphries replica jersey, don't you?

2. pallister

pallister Guest

This is how long I've been playing fantasy football: Stan Humphries was once one of my keepers.

3. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

Which makes me doubt weather.com's forecast for partly cloudy with only a 20 percent chance of rain in Pittsburgh for Texans-Steelers on Sunday. Got to love a game in a downpour at Heinz Field. Pittsburgh went from arguably the worst artificial surface in football to the absolute worst natural surface in the game.

4. BYH

BYH Active Member

I thought you said you were good at fantasy football. :D

5. Rumpleforeskin

Rumpleforeskin Active Member

Because Brett Favre is God and won't allow any rain?

6. pallister

pallister Guest

I won the league that year after trading Alvin Harper for John Elway.

7. Tommy_Dreamer

Tommy_Dreamer Well-Known Member

Holy shit! Did someone lose their fucking mind or what?

8. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

spnited once traded Hoot Flanagan for Buddy Tynes and Jim Thorpe. It explains his hatred for fantasy football to this day.

9. pallister

pallister Guest

This was back in '93 when the guy I traded Harper to had Aikman and thought, as a lot of people did at the time, that Aikman was about to become a TD machine because of Irvin and Harper and the all-around great offense the 'Boys had the year before. But as everyone soon found out, the offense was always gonna run through Emmitt. Also, even though Elway was 11 years into his career, he had never once thrown 20 TDs in a season (he threw 25 that year, though). So the trade was not as bad as it seems in hindsight.

10. Madhavok

Madhavok Well-Known Member

Is Willie Anderson still available? Buffalo should sign him and let Peters rot.

11. pseudo

pseudo Well-Known Member

Even if they don't sign anyone, I believe that's the current plan. We'll see how it works against Kerney and Jackson on Sunday.

12. MU_was_not_so_hard

MU_was_not_so_hard Active Member

Less than 22 hours until go time.
    I'm pretty excited, and I have no intention of watching the game tomorrow.

Draft saved Draft deleted