1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

2008 NFL Week 1 running thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Simon_Cowbell, Aug 31, 2008.

1. JakeandElwood

JakeandElwood Well-Known Member

Julius Jones will be carrying the load. I think he'll have to be better than Alexander was. Amazing how fast he went from MVP to unable to find work.

2. MU_was_not_so_hard

MU_was_not_so_hard Active Member

Injuries didn't help.
    And just, I believe Julius Jones will tear some shit up in Seattle. They have enough in the passing game to make some top-half tier back be extremely good.

3. Drip

Drip Active Member

Give the No Fun League credit for doing something right. It paid homage to Upshaw at his funeral and this season, teams will be wearing patches with his initial and uniform number. Also, for the first game of the season, every field will have something stenciled on the playing surface. Very classy.

4. 93Devil

93Devil Well-Known Member

NFL owners owe a lot to Gene Upshaw.

5. pseudo

pseudo Well-Known Member

According to ProFootballTalk, Tatum Bell: moron. (Remember that PFT loves to throw shit against the wall and see if it sticks, so adjust your suspension of disbelief accordingly ... but if true, what a story.)
    Bonus points for the Najeh Davenport play.

6. Drip

Drip Active Member

Yes they do but there are a few who didn't like him. There are many who remember the NFL strike in the late 1980's. Gene wasn't very well liked and the owners did their best to make him look like a fool. But he hung in there. Won the support of the players and the owners were forced to deal with him.

7. Drip

Drip Active Member

If this is true, Bell could be brought up on charges.

8. pseudo

pseudo Well-Known Member

Asked and answered.

9. Drip

Drip Active Member

Perhaps I should have stated this a little better so I apologize. I know that Johnson won't press charges but that's not stopping the team from doing so because it occurred at their facility. I'm no lwyer but they could hit him with trespassing or something along those lines.

10. Simon_Cowbell

Simon_Cowbell Active Member

Pats-Chiefs could be played - or not - in a tropical storm Sunday.

Wonder what the alternate plan might be.

11. hockeybeat

hockeybeat Guest

Would the league move the game to Foxboro, a la Bucs-Saints pre Gustav?

12. Simon_Cowbell

Simon_Cowbell Active Member

I should have written Chiefs-Pats....

It's at Foxboro now...

Draft saved Draft deleted