1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

2008 NFL Week 1 running thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Simon_Cowbell, Aug 31, 2008.

1. 93Devil

93Devil Well-Known Member

Simon, are you thirsty?

2. Drip

Drip Active Member

What's wrong with the kid who's back there now? He's not so bad. Besides if they really wanted a QB, Dante Culpepper is still unemployed.

3. Simon_Cowbell

Simon_Cowbell Active Member

Am I drinking Kool Aid?

4. Simon_Cowbell

His regular-season performance, to this point, has been awful.

Poor man's Quincy Carter or A.J. Feeley.

5. 93Devil

93Devil Well-Known Member

I was setting you up with a fetch me a...

6. Simon_Cowbell

I think the residual effects of my massive FAIL in confusing luggie with ijag on the other thread has stuck with me long enough to whiff on that softball.

7. Gutter

Gutter Well-Known Member

It happened in the middle of the night ... four hours before Simon posted it. How is that considered old news?

8. Drip

Drip Active Member

From where I am, it was old. Yes, I know there are those who sleep. And if the post time is correct, it was five hours before Simon posted. At any rate, it's no big deal. Just say a prayer for the guy and hope that he pulls through. I think that's far more important than worrying about whether anyone was sleep or if the post was late, etc.

9. Flying Headbutt

Flying Headbutt Moderator Staff Member

It happened early this morning. When it's still morning it's not old.

10. Drip

Drip Active Member

Not that it makes that big of a difference but why all the commentary? The most important thing is not when a silly internet post was made. What's important is that a young man's life is in danger.
    Again, it was old news to me because I knew about it. I realize that it wasn't old to others. However, let's not overlook the most important thing. Another NFL player has been hurt in Florida by a gunman. Let's all hope and pray that he pulls through.

11. Flying Headbutt

Flying Headbutt Moderator Staff Member

It was important while it looked like you were in the know, but not important now that one more thing you've said makes you look bad? Check.

12. Let's all just stick to the topic and have a Happy Labor Day.

btw, are we sure Jackson was cut because he sucks or could it have something to do with the fact he has Randy Moss, Donte Stallworth, Wes Welker and even Gaffney ahead of him.

Perhaps it's a little bit of both, but it's got to be hard to standout on fourth-string.

Draft saved Draft deleted