1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

2008 NASCAR running thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by 2muchcoffeeman, Jan 7, 2008.

1. melock

melock Well-Known Member

I've talked with him a few times and genuinely think he's a nice guy. I just don't think he's more than good, but maybe he'll prove me wrong.

2. playthrough

playthrough Moderator Staff Member

I don't think he's that far from the top 50 already, and a championship shouldn't necessarily be a requirement (not all of the current top 50 has a Cup title). But he's gotta string together several multiple-win seasons. There's no excuse in Hendrick stuff.

3. budcrew08

budcrew08 Active Member

He's humble. I really think he'll do well this year... he definitely makes the chase.

4. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

I've been linking to things on Yahoo! since Yahoo! was running off the leland subdomain at stanford.edu in the mid-1990s. If ESPN's website design was clean, I might use it more. As it is, I've had the same news aggregator page on Yahoo! since Yang & Co. set up that option and it's easier to find stuff there.

5. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

Just a feeling ...

The Carl.

6. imjustagirl2

imjustagirl2 New Member

Oh lord.

7. budcrew08

budcrew08 Active Member

Carl Edwards? Pssh.
    I'll make a bet. If a Ford wins the Daytona 500, I will not post at all for a week from the Monday after the 500 to the next Sunday. I'll lurk only.
    Anyone want to take that bet?

8. imjustagirl2

imjustagirl2 New Member

Not me. I think you're dead on.

I really do have this gut Stewart feeling...but I refuse to give in to it. I'll probably pick Johnson or Gordon (yawn).

9. budcrew08

budcrew08 Active Member

Stewart wouldn't be a bad choice, but he's driving the Toyota now, and I still don't think they are up to the rest of the Chevys yet. They are getting close though.

10. lono

lono Active Member

Fear. The. Shrub.

11. westcoastvol

westcoastvol Active Member

I agree. I think he very well could have the year that a lot of people think Junior's gonna have. And I also think he can drive circles around Junior, too. Shrub will benefit much more from the change than Junior.

Toyota winning in Daytona...I'd love to see Blaney be the one to do it, although I believe JGR's Camrys would have a much better shot.

12. budcrew08

budcrew08 Active Member

No. Shrub is good, but I think he'll struggle (a little bit) with the Toyotas.

Draft saved Draft deleted