1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

2008 NASCAR running thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by 2muchcoffeeman, Jan 7, 2008.

1. lono

lono Active Member

Maybe they could give long-term employees a complete set of DEI diecasts: I'm sure they have lots of Steve Park, John Andretti and Paul Menard leftovers.

2. playthrough

playthrough Moderator Staff Member

On one hand, I can see DEI's side...for chrissakes, Dale Jr. is driving for another team. Enough already. I'm sorry Dale thinks the public is being cheated out of plaques honoring his tire changers.

On the other hand, the napalm approach doesn't really work with NASCAR fans.

3. melock

melock Well-Known Member

Who cares? The guy is one of the most overrated figures in SPORTS history.

4. kleeda

kleeda Active Member

David Newton wrote about this last week (Jan. 24), when Junior seemed not so concerned about it:
    http://sports.espn.go.com/rpm/columns/story?seriesId=2&columnist=newton_david&id=3211450

Then he updated it yesterday in his blog when Junior decided he was miffed:
    http://insider.espn.go.com/espn/blog/index?entryID=3219524&name=newton_david

Jerry Bonkowski at Yahoo and David Caraviello at NASCAR.com were on top of it on Jan. 24th as well, with Yahoo's Jay Hart on Junior changing his mind yesterday. Just thoought these four writers deserved credit for that.

Not that I pay attention to these kinds of things or anything.

5. imjustagirl2

imjustagirl2 New Member

Hey! I blogged about it yesterday when I got the transcript!

6. jgmacg

jgmacg Guest

Dale, Sr. drove for Childress. It's not like they kept his memorabilia out of the lobby at DEI.

7. kleeda

kleeda Active Member

Yes'm.

8. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

Funny how only some links get posted and not others ...

... deep breath ...

BLOGS!

:D

9. playthrough

playthrough Moderator Staff Member

Yes, but Dale Sr. ... that's racin'.

10. kleeda

kleeda Active Member

Not funny at all. Pretty sure people know who I am by now (motorsports ed at ESPN.com, for those who don't). And hey, I remembered Bonkowski (Yo! Jerry!), Caraviello and Hart, but didn't go serching for links. Just saying those four did good work on this subject, IMHO. Besides, you always link to Yahoo on these NASCAR threads:) Not that I keep track of that either.

11. wickedwritah

wickedwritah Guest

Relax. No one here is taking a shot at you.

12. kleeda

kleeda Active Member

Didn't think anyone was. I'm good with 2MCM. Just an observation.

Draft saved Draft deleted