1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

2008 NASCAR running thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by 2muchcoffeeman, Jan 7, 2008.

1. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

We start with a dismissal. The federal judge in northern Kentucky has laughed Kentucky Speedway out of his courtroom.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nascar/news?slug=ap-nascarlawsuit&prov=ap&type=lgns

2. Sxysprtswrtr

Sxysprtswrtr Active Member

Everyone knows Kentucky is a football state, anyhow.

----

Thanks for starting this thread 2mcm. It's scary testing has already started. No rest for the fast lane drivers turnin' left.

3. imjustagirl2

imjustagirl2 New Member

Junior, fine young man that he is, showed up for testing just to learn even though he doesn't run until next week.

Good man, that Junior. Right, sxy? :D

That being said, this guy scares me:

4. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

Shouldn't that guy have traded for an Impala? :D

5. Sxysprtswrtr

Sxysprtswrtr Active Member

See, there you go ... I tried my best not to say, "Screw all Hendrick drivers AND Dale Jr.," but you just had to bring it up. :) I need to latch on to a hot rookie now that The Carl has a bad rep.

And that green car is ugly.

6. imjustagirl2

imjustagirl2 New Member

You can like Almirola. He got screwed by Hamlin last year, learning under Martin, etc. etc.

Or you can hold out and jump on the Joey Logano train next year.

7. playthrough

playthrough Moderator Staff Member

No big surprise on that Ky. lawsuit, though it would have been kinda nice to see nascar come out on the short end. Plus Ky. Speedway isn't far from me and it's a very good place to see a race. I think the Nationwide race sells out every year.

8. sgaleadfoot

sgaleadfoot Member

Just saw that Morgan-Mclure closed up shop today. Going to tough not seeing them at the track, especially if they don't put anything together for Daytona.

9. skippy05

skippy05 Member

Not entirely sure how Hamlin screwed him. I covered that race last year and Hamlin seemed as confused by it as anyone. I talked to Hamlin after he got to the track and before he got into the car and he had no intentions of racing. That was purely a Rockwell decision because it was their home track and they wanted a win. Rockwell's post-race behavior was absolutely disgraceful and then after it was all said and done, they didn't re-up anyway.

10. Mystery_Meat

Mystery_Meat Guest

NASCAR? THIS ... IS ... SPARTA!!!!!!!!!!!!!

And shouldn't this be the 2008 NASCAR driving thread?

Two bad jokes down, I'll see y'all here for Daytona!

11. rpmmutant

rpmmutant Member

Anyone take notice of how fast the Toyota cars were at Daytona last week? Does it matter? Or is it Toyota trying too hard and the rest of the teams not showing their hands?

12. westcoastvol

westcoastvol Active Member

Hazing's over. Toyota now has full membership rights in Rho Pi Mu.

Draft saved Draft deleted